Wyldside

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Drac

Drac

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Just another quick question for you fellas and ladies. If you have Wyldside in play, are you forced as the runner to draw two cards and a click every turn, or can you choose not to use the effect and keep your four clicks? Thanks for any clarity you can give.

#2 Ironburn

Ironburn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Nothing about Wyldside is optional. You must sacrifice a click and draw two cards at the beginning of your turn. Plus, the only way to get rid of it is to use Aesops Pawn Shop.

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Or getting tagged and convincing the corp to trash it…unlikely, though. However, when you have both Wyldside and Aesop's Pawnshop at the start of your turn, you get to choose which happens first, so you can trash Wyldside for Pawnshop before its effect happens.

#4 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

The only time Wyldside is worth the bother (at least the only one I can think of) is when the corp deals a lot of damage in mid- or endgame. Especially if you don't have Pawnshop (and there's only one copy of it in core).

Correct me please if I'm mistaken.

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#5 ffaristocrat

ffaristocrat

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Wyldside is like getting to use Diesel every turn, why wouldn't you use it? Unlike the Corp, the Runner always wants to be drawing lots of cards. The Runner needs to get all her options out there ASAP and she always needs to keep her hand full.

#6 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I just tonight played Anarch vs NBN and was a bit casual about brain damage. Drew Wyldside in midgame (maximum hand of three by that time) and didn't see any reason to play it. actually I just found it helpful to have sacrificed as a random card for damage…

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Drawing cards is good when you can use them. If you're just going to discard them, it's not that good.

#8 Mejis

Mejis

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Drac said:

Just another quick question for you fellas and ladies. If you have Wyldside in play, are you forced as the runner to draw two cards and a click every turn, or can you choose not to use the effect and keep your four clicks? Thanks for any clarity you can give.

Note the wording difference between Wyldside and Pawnshop. The latter card has "you may" in it, meaning it is optional, whereas Wyldside doesn't so you are forced to carry out the action as has been stated already.

#9 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

What happens when because of Wyldside, the Runner decks out and can't draw? Does the Runner lose, similar to how the Corp loses if it can't do its mandatory draw when decked out?

#10 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Big Borg said:

What happens when because of Wyldside, the Runner decks out and can't draw? Does the Runner lose, similar to how the Corp loses if it can't do its mandatory draw when decked out?

Surely you'd think it'd come up in the rule book as a lose condition if that was the case. Given that there's no such rule in the rulebook the runner just stops drawing.

#11 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

But he keeps losing a click at the start of his turn.

#12 Tokhuah

Tokhuah

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

If you are ever decked and had an early game Wyldside in play it is time to build a better deck…

#13 cwhttiger

cwhttiger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I would say No that he does not lose the game as normaly drawing  a card is optional for the Runner.  Now I would say the card would not take effect as there are no cards to draw so the Runner would not lose the click but thats just me.

#14 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Actually, only the "draw" part would fail and the runner would still lose the click. This is why most players who run Wyldside also run Aesop's Pawnshop to get rid of it when it's no longer necessary.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS