Photo

Monsters on Warp-spawned Wings Prowling the Calixis Sector?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The_Shaman

The_Shaman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

+++TRANS-DIMENSIONAL CAPABILITY EVINCED (C.F. CALIXIS MASSACRES);

React to Warp Breach with excessive force and commend your souls to the Emperor+++

I was skimming the new CSM codex, not for the first time, when I noticed this. Each unit entry has a sentence or several phrases, mostly for atmospheric effect. This is the one about the Warp Talons - mutated, demonically tainted marines who have devoted themselves to hunting and slaughtering prey, mutated to the point where their limbs have become impossibly-sharp claws and talons able to somehow cut through the boundary to the warp itself.

So, what do you think? Just a coincidence, or does it tie into something else?

#2 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

The_Shaman said:

(…) one about the Warp Talons - mutated, demonically tainted marines who have devoted themselves to hunting and slaughtering prey, mutated to the point where their limbs have become impossibly-sharp claws and talons able to somehow cut through the boundary to the warp itself.

So, what do you think? Just a coincidence, or does it tie into something else?

Just generic stuff that might be used to reason an attack bypassing armour (or even saving throws from energy fields and stuff). 
My two cents

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS