Photo

Dark Heresy: Tactics (Or, Running Small Skirmish Games)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's late and so we've reached the point of the night where I come up with really stupid ideas.

Has anyone here ever used Dark Heresy (or any of the other games) for a small-scale wargame kinda thing instead? I know that these games are derivative of 40k and Necromunda, but I've got the thought in my head and it just isn't leaving. Having myself and a mate, with five Guardsmen (something like three regular troopers, a sniper, and a heavy stubber dude) on each side and some nice terrain… It sounds fun! All of those clever little actions that don't see enough use (Cautious Advance, Overwatch) would be very handy!

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#2 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, I'd use the Only War rules for starters.

But I really do think that Necromunda or Inquisitor are better suited. Both free from GW :) 

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS