Some more info on Wave 2 ships

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Saw this over on BGG, but didn't see it here (and it contains some great images and info folks should be interested). Check out the link for commentary on each photo.  Look forward to hearing what people think.

http://moseisleyradio.com/category/x-wing/

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#2 DangerousFat

DangerousFat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Glad I posted it, I hadn't seen it around anywhere.  I'm kinda shocked that it seems like I found something before the hive-mind. lol  Anyway, they look amazing.  Going to have to get one of each and play with them all for a while before I decide what to start stocking up on en mass.  

#3 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

3x Slave I FTW!

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#4 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I'm new to the game but I wonder how much that 360 firing arc on the falcon is going to be bloating it's cost. It's agility is rough. Sure it'll be tough to take down with all those shields and hull, but the Slave looks like it'll be that much harder to take down with it's lesser shields but the 2 agility AND evade.

The A-Wing looks nasty though. Sure no astromechs, but to give a shield bearing rebel fighter some super manueverability could be just what the rebels need…

#5 dashrendar

dashrendar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

The 360 arrow on the falcon is interesting. hopefully this means the turrests can actually fire like that. 

What about Slave 1? What is the backwards firing arc for on him? Maybe for the tail gun?

#6 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

DangerousFat said:

Glad I posted it, I hadn't seen it around anywhere.  I'm kinda shocked that it seems like I found something before the hive-mind. lol  Anyway, they look amazing.  Going to have to get one of each and play with them all for a while before I decide what to start stocking up on en mass.  

Yes, definitely thanks for posting it n BGG!  Here is the original link over at BGG just to give full credit where credit is due.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/867318/higher-resolution-images-of-the-wave-2-ships

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#7 veritechc

veritechc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

What is the new symbol on the Tie Interceptor and the A-Wing. The three arrow symbol. I am seriously new to the game but can't find that in any rules.

#8 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

My guess it could be a "slide" (a "drift" maneuver, if you will).  Don't ask how it will work, but I think it might use the "1 turn" maneuver template in lieu of the "straight 1" (used for the barrel roll) for lateral movement.

#9 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

. . . As for not finding it in the "Starter Rules", you won't.  It's NEW to "Wave 2".

#10 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

veritechc said:

What is the new symbol on the Tie Interceptor and the A-Wing. The three arrow symbol. I am seriously new to the game but can't find that in any rules.

I think it is for the new boost action we've been hearing about.  Maybe allows it to move a little further than normal.

#11 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

It's a 'Boost' action that the A-wing and TIE Interceptor have.  Common theory is that it allows an immediate green maneuver.

The Falcon has a 360 degree turret as a primary weapon.

Slave 1's rear arc is for the main gun but the dotted line could mean a target lock is required for rearward firing.

#12 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

That's a definite possiblity.  My guess is that it might be using a 1 movement template (in any direction -- probably not a "hard turn", though).  Altough, certain Elite pilots could use a 2 movement (again, not a "hard turn").  We'll see.

#13 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I think the Falcon's 360 degrees is just going to be for the turrets which should be secondary weapons.  The Falcons primary weapons are blasters that fire from the front arc (see Episode IV "YEEEHOOOO!!!" LOL).  Looks like from the FFG preview, there will be turrets as upgrades.  I think I can make out Luke in turret as one of them.

And I would assume that Slave I should be able to fire its primary weapon from both front and rear arcs.  The secondary weapons should be bombs, missiles, and such.

Just my 2 credits.

Roy

#14 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

GOD, those things are beautiful. Even if I never get to play the game, the ship collection is sufficient. That's what I'm thinking.

#15 Ming31

Ming31

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Some one told me there were counters the went out the manuver cards for one of the big ships . Could it be the mines dropped by slave !?

#16 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Let's not overlook that both the Falcon and Slave I are highly modified versions of their original versions.  I can see both Han and Lando versions being different than a stock freighter.  Same with Jango and Boba and stock versions.  Lots of fun and ability to create your own heroes so to speak.

E

#17 alien

alien

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi, they are really great models, did they really come painted with the quality of the pictures? 

#18 DangerousFat

DangerousFat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

alien said:

Hi, they are really great models, did they really come painted with the quality of the pictures? 

Yup, all of the miniatures are pre-assembled and pre-painted and all of mine look pretty much exactly like the ones they show off at events and on product pages.  There's obviously variance in the manufacturing, but they're all very nice figures.

#19 New Zombie

New Zombie

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

ejacobs said:

Same with Jango and Boba and stock versions. 
no jango. he doesn't have the head for this game, it being firmly set in the original trilogy.

#20 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

So, in examining these closely, I see that the Falcon base has an arrow around the base. I assume this is the 360 degree firing arc. I thought that Slave I would also have this feature, but it looks to me like it has two, opposite-facing, 90 degree firing arcs.

Also, I bet that the three arrow icon on the A-Wing and TIE Advanced mean that they can take an additional maneuver as an action.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS