Photo

Once again…three weeks (more or less) of waiting…how disappointing FFG guys…

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Just wanted to express my disappointment in this thread…I'm not one of those guys who wants to get all the cards spoiled in advance from every single adventure  pack…but at least one or two cards every couple of week…the last player cards we saw are almost a month old……

#2 Bryon

Bryon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I was very disappointed today.  Waiting more than 21 days for news for the second time in 2 months is frustrating.

I'm looking through the most recent 8 pages of news on the FFG site, and there are only 2 news entries for Lord of the Rings LCG…

on the bottom of page 4 and the bottom of page 5.

That's all.  And those most-recent 8 pages take us all the way back into August.

I used to like to come to this website.  :(

Maybe someone should remind FFG that this is a LIVING card game.  Living things usually show signs of life more often than once every 22+ days.

#3 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

I cannot but agree. But it probably takes more than a few of us crying to make up for a more frequent news. Although one would think it cannot be such a big deal to insert a Tolkien quote, write a few paragraphs, and attach a picture or two.

#4 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Yes, a little something with some spoilers, even a little one, would be very nice. As said above, I don't want the whole lot spoiled, but some idea of what is coming would be nice. Even a rough idea of dates etc.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Remember when they used to release articles with deck ideas that included a apoiler of a single card? ….  Or articles from the developers discussing how they intended certain mechanics to work?….  Hell, even the articles with FAQ's and errata's that destroyed some of our most used cards?…

Me either.

Sigh….  Those were the good old days….

… of June.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#7 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

man…..came here and couldnt believe it- theres posts on the forum!!! ……….this board is getting incredibly under populated…..and i know why……..

its funny that not that long ago i started a petition for forum catagories because there were too many posts and there was around a new page every couple of days…..

#8 karagh

karagh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

They may be too busy with other game releases, but they are making a mistake. Here in Spain, news are even scarcer: we haven't received FAQ 1.3 translation.

#9 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I think ffg either

a) doesn't see it -- meaning they think there is no lack of news

b) enjoys it -- meaning they think there is no outcry for the lack of news; and this may strangly be true because there are so few people left that only those very few can protest

c) can't help it -- meaning they're really busy elsewhere; but this one is really hard to believe

#10 Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I must come to FFG's defense… albeit begrudgingly

The biggest shopping day of the year and the start of the Christmas shopping season is only six weeks away. I'm assuming that FFG has a lot of products that they want ready in time. The Star Wars LCG and LotR: HoN are just two examples from their LCG product line… plus everything else.

If I was a personnel manager at FFG and I had a choice of applying manpower to blog updates or to designing and shipping a product on time, I would select the later. Even if a blog update takes a only a couple of hours, a few extra hours of design or play test is a much better investment.

#11 Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

The biggest shopping day of the year and the start of the Christmas shopping season is only six weeks away. I'm assuming that FFG has a lot of products that they want ready in time. The Star Wars LCG and LotR: HoN are just two examples from their LCG product line… plus everything else.

If I was a personnel manager at FFG and I had a choice of applying manpower to blog updates or to designing and shipping a product on time, I would select the later. Even if a blog update takes a only a couple of hours, a few extra hours of design or play test is a much better investment.

#12 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

I agree. Specifically, I remember the brutal disappointment that Khazad-dum wasn't out for xmas last year, and think I'd rather have no news until the actual release article - this side of 2013 - rather than the unending procession of previews such as happened with KD last year, but no game until mid-January.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#13 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

(Although, it doesn't stop me coming here daily just in case…)

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#14 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanatopsis said:

Whilst I agree with part of your reasoning, it cannot be taken as an excuse. To make up a preview article is a matter of an hour at the most. The articles are often nice and interesting but they are no art literature. If there are no people who could do this in their spare time, I am more than willing to offer my free lance services.

#15 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

lleimmoen said:

Thanatopsis said:

Whilst I agree with part of your reasoning, it cannot be taken as an excuse. To make up a preview article is a matter of an hour at the most. The articles are often nice and interesting but they are no art literature. If there are no people who could do this in their spare time, I am more than willing to offer my free lance services.

agreed ….add the fact that others are getting news updates and the fact ive already mentioned previously- with the lack of news they have killed this forum….i mean i can count the number of regulars here on one hand

i may be wrong but the french or spanish forum has a dedicated user (must be staff) who posts the articles as a thread, perhaps this is something, as lleimmoen says, that could be undertaken by a forum member

#16 Abelard

Abelard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

We could start a sort of unofficial weekly discussion?  Maybe pick a hero, key word or scenario etc. and discuss deck building, lore and so on..

#17 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

This time slot is always fairly dead for news on game lines. In between the christmas push and the end of major events like gencon.

If they had sorted out "competitive" versions of this co-op game then we might be included. (most of the recent news articles have been about the tournaments associated with FFG's more competitive lines).

Ideally this game would get a new release every month, which would keep forum activity constant (and purchases) throughout the year - whether this is feasable for FFG to aim for is the question. There is a limit to how much they can "preview" a product without just telling us everything in it.

Also how many people really care? I mean, if nothing new to talk about I don't come here - but that doesn't bother me. Obviously the people that love just this game care more - but I have several games and products I follow from FFG. I'm quite happy to just be patient. (FFG usually has a lull in news announcments this time of year on all game lines in my experience).

#18 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Abelard said:

We could start a sort of unofficial weekly discussion?  Maybe pick a hero, key word or scenario etc. and discuss deck building, lore and so on..

I vote for this. I am currently planning weekly "My Hobbits For A…" and it would be cool to see other people's thoughts on various matters.

#19 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Rapier said:

Also how many people really care? I mean, if nothing new to talk about I don't come here - but that doesn't bother me. Obviously the people that love just this game care more - but I have several games and products I follow from FFG. I'm quite happy to just be patient. (FFG usually has a lull in news announcments this time of year on all game lines in my experience).

Yeah, and it took CS a few days (by which I mean something like five) to get back to me on a silly little question that they would, at other times of the year, get back to me on the same day or next day. They are way busy with stuff and there's not enough hours in the day.

Q4 for any retail site or store is a time of absolute craziness.

#20 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Rapier said:

I wanted to add this actually. The lack of the activity here may not seriously damage the sales. It just makes the few fan(atic)s like me a bit more sour.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS