creating a mat questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pitsch

pitsch

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

So im thinking of creating 4 different playing mats, ones with small planets and moons on. i think they will be cool and fun to play on, now here is my Q, Will they be able to be played on in tournaments, or can only flat areas with the pre-made asteroids be used? Does anyone know this?

Wave 4 Pre-Order Sale!! Now till April 1st!

http://www.spinninginspace.com/

Anyone in Virginia, DC, MD:

https://www.facebook...vaXWingSquadron

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

In tournaments, it should be fine as long as it is 3'x3'.  Asteroids are placed during setup of the game by the players.  So I think in tournaments its probably best to use the asteroids from the game that can be put in different places at the beginning of each game.  I have seen that some people are making 3D asteroids.  Unfortunately, this wouldn't work in tournaments because ship bases need to be able to overlap the asteroids.  But I love the idea of mats that make you feel like you're in space.  Just my 2 credits.

Roy

#3 frogimus

frogimus

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

I saw a batrep here or on BGG where someone had a 3D roid with the cardboard one under it.  That way you have the 3D, but can move it and leave the flat one for base overlap

#4 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Interesting. Such a simple, elegant solution I never would have thought of it…

#5 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I agree.  Its a perfect solution!

Roy

#6 frogimus

frogimus

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Not my solution, so I can't take any credit.

Here's the battle report.  Worth a look, since it's 42 ships, 800 total points.  Some other useful tips in it, like tracking pilots on a whiteboard

#7 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

frogimus said:

Not my solution, so I can't take any credit.

Here's the battle report.  Worth a look, since it's 42 ships, 800 total points.  Some other useful tips in it, like tracking pilots on a whiteboard

that was awesome… makes me want to create 3d scenarios… i'm so blaming you guys when my wife yells at me…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS