Where to get card sleeves???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Vagabond Nomad

Vagabond Nomad

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

So, we need the following card sleeves for this game, but FFG store is out of stock.  Does anyone know some place where I can buy these?

Thanks.

#2 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I was about to suggest MiniatureMarket.com, but they are out, also.

#3 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Most hobby game stores will have these kind of sleeves.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#4 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Most hobby game stores will have these kind of sleeves.

I searched 3 of my local hobby shops and they didn't carry them. i finally wound up ordering them from CoolStuffInc:

FFG Card Sleeves

Noble Knight Games also has them:

FFG Card Sleeves

#5 Vagabond Nomad

Vagabond Nomad

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks, FarkonGnome.  That's exactly what I was looking for!

#6 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Anytime, I'm glad I could help

#7 DeathStarJanitor

DeathStarJanitor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I just bought some of the American Mini sleeves on eBay for cheap.

#8 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I sent an email to FFG about a week ago, asking about the status of the Grey pack of clear card sleeves that are "Sold Out" on their web store.  No game store around here carries them anymore, and one of the owners told me that they haven't been able to get them from FFG for a while, citing an apparent move away from the clear sleeves on FFG's end, to sell just the colour-back sleeves or art sleeves for LCG style cards.

I've been using Ultra Pro's 66x91mm clear sleeves for Netrunner and X-Wing in the mean time, which are $5 for 100, so a little less money than $3 for 50 if you're buying a lot of them.

Hopefully they continue to make the Grey pack, but I haven't heard back and nothing's changed on the web store.

#9 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

So I literally got this response in my Inbox after posting my comment on the Grey pack;

"Sorry about the delay in getting ahold of you. We are receiving a higher volume of emails then normally here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow-down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

Please don't worry! We have no plans to discontinue the sleeves. We sadly have hit a small blip of running out of supply and we;ll have more in several weeks."

What timing you have, FFG Customer Service.

So there you go everyone; they're coming back, just not for a few weeks, so expect another month or so before they show up at your game store, I guess.

#10 Vagabond Nomad

Vagabond Nomad

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

Interesting, cleardave.  I also emailed FFG yesterday to ask when they'd be restocking the larger clear sleeves, as I'd prefer to purchase the product from them.  I got the following response from Mark Larson, a Sales Associate at FFG:

We will be restocking FFS05 - Standard Card Game Sleeves in the future, but I do not have a re-release date for this product yet. Please check our website for the most up-to-date information on our upcoming products. You can view this website here: http://www.fantasyfl...ge_upcoming.asp

I thought his response was odd on a couple points:

1. Since my initial question to him included the link to the product in their own web site, I was clearly, already checking their web site, hence the reason for me contacting him.  Makes me wonder if he fully read my email.
  2. I'm perplexed at how FFG can manage its business if it truly has no insight into its supply chain and when its product will be replenished.  Maybe they do know, and for whatever reason don't want to release that information.  Or they truly don't know, which, if I were the general manager there, would find totally unacceptable.

As a result, I instead placed my order with Noble Knight Games (thanks again to FarkonGnome) for the following:

1. 2 packs of FFS05, Clear Game Sleeves
  2. 2 packs of FFS01, Clear Game Sleeves
  3. 1 black card holder FFS56, Black Card Box

I got an email saying my order shipped this morning, so should be getting it in the next few days.

#11 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Upon discovering FFG's out-of-stock status on these cards, I went with the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616611863/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

And

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616611855/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

For Rebels and Imps, respectively.

#12 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Baphomet69 said:

This is what I did. Except I went through different means to get the packs as I am not about to pay over retail for them. They are expensive enough as it is. The Darth Vader "I have you now" sleeves are especially nifty and I am glad I have an excuse to use them for something now.

#13 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Small sleeves are available at Amazon ( for the damage cards and astromech / torpedos / etc)

javascript:void(0);/*1349912731708*/

#14 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

cmdrcody said:

Small sleeves are available at Amazon ( for the damage cards and astromech / torpedos / etc)

javascript:void(0);/*1349912731708*/

I ordered two packs of those from Amazon at the same time as the others (I got three Core Sets and am getting another with my Wave 2 pre-order).

#15 Captain Mayhem

Captain Mayhem

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

I just went to my LGS and bought a  pack of Ultra-Pro card sleeves 100 count for $1.50. I put my card in it and then I back it with another card with the pilots picture or ship from my extensive collection of Decipher SWCCG. The cards are the same size and it prevents them from slipping out of the sleeve if they were put in alone. It is pretty cool to have a picture  of  'Dutch' on the opposite side of his card.

#16 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

For anyone that cares, the sleeves for the LCG-sized pilot cards are posted on the Upcoming page as "At the Printers" with an expected date of December for arrival.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS