• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Notes:
1) The table is too small, hopefully when set-up on the playing table it will fit together better
2) I'll be using blue painters tape on the bottom to keep the sections (6 of them) together better
3) The white bits at the end haven't been painted and skinned yet
4) I haven't made the 'exhaust port' yet, have the graphic printed out, just not assembled
5) I haven't cut the plexi (2" x 10") yet for flying over the trench
6) The scenario (http://www.outworld-...s-DSTR-v01.pdf) calls for 50" long, this is 60" long (two 30" foam core boards, and 48" wide). I don't know if this will affect game-play yet (there is a timer in the scenario). If so, the white bits (ends) are loose so can be adjusted.
7) I haven't done the turbo-laser towers and power nodes yet, working on those the next day or two.
8) I still need to do the 'lock-on, launch proton torpedoes' square (skinned plasticard?)
9) It isn't perfect, never gonna be, but it should do when complete
10) Graphics (skins for the foamcore) are available at http://www.rpgnow.co...Base-Trench-Run

#2 Sheriff288

Sheriff288

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Very nice!  thanks for convincing me I need to buy that PDF. 

#3 Rollins

Rollins

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

very cool, need to put that together

#4 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

BADASS!!! can you link to high res photos? i wanna play that now!

#5 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

MilesD37 said:

BADASS!!! can you link to high res photos? i wanna play that now!

The best photos I have are the ones at photobucket (click on a pic above). If you mean hi-res of the surface detail, the PDF is available here http://www.rpgnow.co...Base-Trench-Run for $4.

#6 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

in my insomniatic state i didnt even think to click on the pics… thanks;-) 

im gonna pick that pdf up soon… until then, how do you move into trench from above?

#7 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Check the link in my OP to the fan-made scenario. I haven't played it yet, but I believe you make a move that would put you 'over' the trench, then I think it's an Action to drop into the trench. I've also cut a bunch of 10" x 2" strips of clear Lexan to stretch across the top of the trench for those flying over it.

#8 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

that looks awesome dude, definitely going to get tbis some time, closer to when ill have money to get the supplies, getting the cores and expansions have my gaming budget tapped for a bit, lol… abiut how much did you have to put into the materials? 

#9 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

I used 14 sheets of 20" x 30" foamcore and a large bottle of black craft paint, all items about $3 each, and a 2" foam brush for .77 but I had a Michaels 20% off entire purchase coupon. The PDF was $4, a large can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive for $10 (there are obviously other options). Bottle of Aileen's Tacky Glue, about $3. And an unknown cost of printer ink. Oh, add $5-6 for Lexan (I used three 8" x 10" sheets cut to 2" x 10" strips) if you want to do the clear 'fly over the trench' strips.

I'd say no more than about $50 total, and 20% of that was the spray adhesive, most of which I still have for other projects. This assumes you already have some basics like x-Acto knives, rulers, straight edge, etc.

Actally, one of the easier and cheaper projects I've done.

#10 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

thanks man! this is totally achievable in nearish future for me…

#11 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

I like how it adds the third dimension to the game.

#12 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

cant find the pdf

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

The PdF is in the RPGnow link above. You need to buy it for $3.99. 

#14 coastcityo

coastcityo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

I really like the 3D dip of the trench, really adds to the over all view, and makes me want to make one as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone