Deck Protectors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 158hoff

158hoff

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

The Ultra Pro sleeves I have barely fit on these cards. (66mm x 91mm) Though they fit my MTG cards. The sleeves on the fantasy flight store are even smaller. (63.5mm X 88mm). Are there any out there that are a little bigger?

#2 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

I've read somewhere that there is a difference in size measurement done by FFG and UltraPro (one gives the size of the sleeve and the other gives the size of the card that fits). Anyway FFG sleeves are perfect size for LOTR LCG and I recommend them despite the price.

NOTE: There seem to be an issue with supply of the standard card game sleeve (FFG and many shops are out of stock). BTW anyone knows what is up with that, is FFG producing more anytime soon?

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

agreed- wojo….the ffg sleeves are great, i just bought the gimli nazgul and daughter ones.

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I am using clear standard card game sleeves for most cards (encounter, scenario, player cards) and Gandalf art sleeves for my heroes.

I was contemplating on sleeving encounter decks with Nazgul sleeves and player cards with Gandal sleeves but decided against it due to price and fear that limited edition of art sleeves might mean that at some point I will have to re sleeve the cards if protectors supply will end.

From visual point of view it would be great to sleeve each sphere with different art sleeves but unfortunately this does not work as far as the game mechanisms are concerned.

#5 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

wojo said:

I am using clear standard card game sleeves for most cards (encounter, scenario, player cards) and Gandalf art sleeves for my heroes.

I was contemplating on sleeving encounter decks with Nazgul sleeves and player cards with Gandal sleeves but decided against it due to price and fear that limited edition of art sleeves might mean that at some point I will have to re sleeve the cards if protectors supply will end.

From visual point of view it would be great to sleeve each sphere with different art sleeves but unfortunately this does not work as far as the game mechanisms are concerned.

Sleeves running out is a fear of mine as well. So it's all black for hero cards and player cards, and clear for the encounter decks. And a stockpile of sleeves from FFG just in case!

#6 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah I've just ordered whole display (10 packs) of clear sleeves from one of the stores that still had them in stock - just in case. Although since I am still behind with expansions I will need tons of sleeves just for the released and announced stuff (Dwarrowdelf cycle with POD expansion takes 8 packs, 3 x big expansions 7 packs which means that I am already behind with my supplies).

#7 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Heh, my strategy exactly. I have a box just full of sleeves, which, somewhat depressingly, will just about cover HoN and the next Hobbit box. :o

#8 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I buy the sleeves made by Mayday Games, because they are more easily accessible in Germany than the FFG ones. And a bit cheaper ;-)

#9 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

dragonshields

#10 Abelard

Abelard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

After being put off the idea of £2.50+ for 50 sleeves, I got some Card-Concept ones.  £8.50 for 1000.   They have been perfect and don't stick to each other.

#11 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Abelard said:

After being put off the idea of £2.50+ for 50 sleeves, I got some Card-Concept ones.  £8.50 for 1000.   They have been perfect and don't stick to each other.

i sleeve just the decks i use- so i only need 100, so i chose the most beautiful ones available- which is of course the artwork of this very game

ive never been a 'sleever' but this is a nice inbetween which allows my cards to stay fresh when playing them, and i dont have to spend a lot of money on not alot

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#12 Abelard

Abelard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

richsabre said:

Abelard said:

i sleeve just the decks i use- so i only need 100, so i chose the most beautiful ones available- which is of course the artwork of this very game

ive never been a 'sleever' but this is a nice inbetween which allows my cards to stay fresh when playing them, and i dont have to spend a lot of money on not alot

rich

That's definitely a nice way of doing it.  I was tempted by the nazgul for encounter decks and gandalf for player cards but I suppose I would have only been happy with all or nothing and all is an expensive option!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS