Release Date?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 158hoff

158hoff

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Have there been any further updates on the first Core Set being released?? Last I heard was maybe the fourth quarter of 2012. Will there also be further expansions and adventure packs like LOTR and GOT?

#2 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

4th quarter is as much as they've narrowed it down. It is a living card game so yes I'd expect there to be packs like the other games

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#3 Mischief

Mischief

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

it's still listed as "in development." i expect we'll be lucky to have it by the end of the year.

#4 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

as renowned as FFG is for their quality as notorious are they for being late with games.

The holliday season is off course the main goal for fourth quarter but I have shifted my focus to easter. This game is far from finished (and not fully opperational as death star 2) I think and it needs tweaking (whatever deckbuilding version they choose) needles to say we all havea bad feeling about this.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this year the game would be presented.

#5 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

john_nld said:

needles to say we all havea bad feeling about this.

Please don't generalize everyone's feelings. Obviously the game's development has alienated some people, but that's by no means the universal opinion.

#6 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

john_nld said:

as renowned as FFG is for their quality as notorious are they for being late with games.

The holliday season is off course the main goal for fourth quarter but I have shifted my focus to easter. This game is far from finished (and not fully opperational as death star 2) I think and it needs tweaking (whatever deckbuilding version they choose) needles to say we all havea bad feeling about this.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this year the game would be presented.

In so far as the chances of this game being released in time for the end of the calendar year, which is to say not great, I would say yes, you are speaking realistically for those of us that know the somewhat volatile nature of FFG's releases all too well.

We got Netrunner and X-Wing in September, which JUST makes it in on Q3, as promised.  Of course, they were further along the FFG Upcoming scale than Star Wars LCG is.

I can't imagine how much more work, if any, can be accomplished if it's supposed to be printed and assembled, shipped and put into our greedy hands in time for the end of 2012.

Easter might be looking a little "glass half empty" for my tastes though.  I figure somewhere in Q1 2013 it will arrive.  In the meantime, between Netrunner and X-Wing, there's two fantastic new games out, and if you're into video games, we're now into the end of the year blitz with all the titles coming out, so there's plenty of gaming goodness to be had to placate our desires.

#7 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

why dont you get a life and stop worrying about a card game?  im sure there are plenty of ladies you are depriving of your.. talents.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

jhorphear said:

why dont you get a life and stop worrying about a card game?  im sure there are plenty of ladies you are depriving of your.. talents.

Please tell me you didn't actually make an account just so you could post this.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#9 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

so hostile for no reason

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#10 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

MarthWMaster said:

Please tell me you didn't actually make an account just so you could post this.

Search your feelings.  You know it to be true…

#11 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Feeding the troll is the path to the Dark Side. Feeding the troll leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#12 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

jhorphear said:

Like a bad smell, he's here too… and the use of the apostrophe still eludes him…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#13 Mischief

Mischief

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

at the printers now!

#14 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26331933

At 24:28, or thereabouts, confirmation (though a bit hesitant to me) that it will be released on schedule!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#15 PasteE

PasteE

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

The status for the product is "at the printer" and if you take a look at the upcoming products page you will notice there are a number of new Star Wars card sleeves slated for a December release.  I would say it's a pretty good change that we will be seeing this sometime in December.

You've just taken your first step into a larger world.

#16 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

PasteE said:

The status for the product is "at the printer" and if you take a look at the upcoming products page you will notice there are a number of new Star Wars card sleeves slated for a December release.  I would say it's a pretty good change that we will be seeing this sometime in December.

[/QUOTE

Shoot. I got my ffg Yoda and Han Solo sleeves that were released a while back!

#17 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

PasteE said:

It would make sense for them to release it in time for Christmas if possible.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS