• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Frosty Hardtop

Frosty Hardtop

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

***Updated Information In A Later Post***

I sat down and compared every Ice in the Game to every Ice Breaker in the game. I made some observations:

- There are 8 Sentries, 5 Barriers and Code gates, and 1 "None of the Above"; Namely, Data Mine. NBN Doesn't have any Barriers, but Weyland Consortium doesn't have any Code Gates.

- The highest number of Subroutines on a Sentry is 4 (Archer) (Average 1.875). The highest Strength on a Sentry is 6 (also Archer) (Average 3.125). Both Femme Fatale and Ninja will break Sentries at an average cost of 4.875 Credits.

- The highest number of Subroutines on a Barrier is 3 (Heimdall 1.0) (Average 1.8). The highest Strength on a Barrier is 7 (Hadrian's Wall) (Average 4.4). Note that while Battering Ram is slightly cheaper on average than Corroder, it costs 2MU, which is hefty.

- The highest number of Subroutines on a Code Gate is 2 (Enigma and Viktor 1.0) (Average 1.4). The highest Strength on a Code Gate is 7 (Cell Portal) (Average 4.2). Gordian Blade is the obvious choice here.

Note that this doesn't take into consideration any factors other than Subroutines, Strength, and full Credit Cost to totally pass the Ice. It doesn't consider Advancing Ices, Combos (Wyrm + Mimic), Viruses, Passing Subroutines with Actions, Encounter Abilities, or anything else. It's meant to help supplement your decision making, not necessarily make your decision for you, because there are more factors in play.

#2 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

This is pretty much exactly the spreadsheet I was going to work on at work this weekend.  But it's cut off.  Thanks for the effort! :)

#3 Frosty Hardtop

Frosty Hardtop

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Just right click "View Image" and it'll show you the whole thing.

javascript:void(0);/*1349533813737*/

#4 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well, aren't I n00by.  Thank you. :)

#5 PWBrian

PWBrian

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

That's pretty awesome.  I loves me a numbers breakdown. 

#6 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Any idea how The Personal Touch would affect the numbers?

#7 JoelVonHelvete

JoelVonHelvete

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Fantastic work. This is going to help with deck building a great deal.

#8 JoelVonHelvete

JoelVonHelvete

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Fantastic work. This is going to help with deck building a great deal.

#9 Frosty Hardtop

Frosty Hardtop

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Updated the list.

• Sentries cost on average 6 credits to break regardless of the Icebreaker being used. 
  • Ninja remains the most efficient Sentry Breaker, costing an average of 5 credits to break Sentries. 
  • Janus 1.0 is the expensive Ice, let alone Sentry to break in the game, currently, at an average of 16.6 credits to break. 
  • Barriers cost on average 5.5 credits to break. While Battering Ram is the most efficient Barrier Breaker at 3.9 credits to break Barriers, Corroder costs only 1 MU at at 4 credits average to break Barriers, remains the best Barrier Breaker. 
  • Special mention is Morning Star, which breaks 5 of the 7 Barriers in the game for 1 credit, but can't do anything about the other 2 without support. 
  • Heimdall 1.0 remains the most expensive Barrier to break, at an average of 10.6 credits to break. 
  • Code Gates cost an average of 5 credits to break. 
  • Gordian Blade remains the most efficient Code Gate breaker, at an average of 3.6 credits to break Code Gates. 
  • Cell Portal remains the most expensive Code Gate to break, at an average of 8.6 credits to break. 
Please note that these statistics only analyze the cards as written, and do not consider upgraded Ice or Ice Breakers, alternative costs to bypass Ice or Subroutines, or the associated costs of the Subroutines themselves.

#10 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

sexy update, thank you

#11 JoelVonHelvete

JoelVonHelvete

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thank you, Frosty! You have given me a mental boner…

#12 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Frosty, maybe you should also post some graphs so we can see trends in how much each icebreakers spends to do its thing.

Looking forward to Snowball, Sensi and Sherlock 1.0 being added.

#13 R'kik D'nec

R'kik D'nec

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet? I will be eternally grateful if someone can post it! :)

#14 Yithian

Yithian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I've been keeping a spreadsheet up to date with released cards. Hope it helps!

#15 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Why is Tollbooth 4 for Atman but 2 for Darwin?

#16 Yithian

Yithian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Looks like I forgot about the 3 credits you have to lose in the calculations for Darwin and Yog.0 . Nice catch!

#17 R'kik D'nec

R'kik D'nec

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

Thanks Yithian. That's awesome!

#18 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Poor Wyrm, relegated to only being used for traps :P in fairness, would be horrific trying to break everything with just Wyrm. Would be interesting to see how much it would cosy to Wyrm/Mimic, Wyrm/Morningstar or Wyrm/Yog.0 on normally out of reach ICE. I know people usually use Datasucker for this, I'm just curious how much it would cost for a rich Anarch to pull off and not need Datasucker charging runs  :P

EDIT: Never mind, just added to the sheet... it's not as horrific as you might expect.

https://docs.google....aXc&usp=sharing

Edited by CommissarFeesh, 13 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#19 Yithian

Yithian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, I just didn't see anyone using Wyrm as a general-purpose breaker haha

But for completion's sake I can add it in :)

#20 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for adding these in, but your numbers for Wyrmic (Wyrm/Mimic) are off - Mimic is Str 3, not 5

Edit: actually I'm not sure exactly where it's gone wrong, as my numbers for Archer are the same as yours, but you definitely can't break Ichi 2.0 for 3 creds with this combo alone.

Also, Tollbooth should be costing 9 (pump and reduce, plus mandatory 3)

Edited by CommissarFeesh, 17 September 2013 - 04:10 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS