Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures: Of Dice and Men

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Yesterday I posted a blog titled Of Dice and Men on my blog over at Team Covenant that is the start to my series of blogs on odds and dice in this game. There has been some really great discussion on it, but I wanted to ask the same question I started the blog with and see what the response was here on the forums. Answer the following as a response or as a comment on the blog linked above:

Before, during, or after playing this game the first time, I looked at both the Attack and Defense dice to determine how many strikes, evades, focus, and blanks were on each die?

Do or do not, there is no try.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Yes, I looked at the dice breakdowns.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Definitely!!  Any time I play a game with non standard dice, I always look to see what kind of odds I should expect.

Roy

#4 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I looked at the dice before playing my first game

#5 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Never tell me the odds!

I definitely looked at the dice. That is, after digging in and playing several rounds, starting with the simplified rules and building up to squad selecting.

Somewhere along the line, I even read the rule book, and stopped asking really dumb questions on this forum!

Be seeing you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS