Contemptor Dreadnought rules?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arkio_Gannys

Arkio_Gannys

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Is there any place I can find rules for Contemptor Dreadnoughts? Either house-ruled or pre-approved errata I don't mind I'm just looking to bring one stomping out of a giant stasis chamber in the middle of watch-fortress Erioch…

#2 Captain Ventris

Captain Ventris

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I whipped some up when the model appeared on Forge World, and haven't actually tested the rules, so feel free to poke at them. Also, the rules mention the Living Relic special rule of the Furioso Dreadnought, which is found in First Founding. It might be overkill in one way or another, it's kind of a rough sketch, really. Input from some of the more savvy GMs would be welcome! The load-out stuff is based purely off the Forgeworld rules.

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought
Requirements: 0 Fate Points, Renown 80+, Must have performed a great deed, may not be a Librarian
Cost: 8,000 xp

Contemptor patterns follow all rules and advancement tables for Dreadnoughts, except what is written below.

Statistics: 80 Strength, 35 Agility.

Size: Massive.

Speed: Tactical speed of 10m, and a Cruising speed of 14 kph.

Armour: Front 40, Side 37, Rear 24

-Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts do have fingers, but are of such a scale that any fine manipulation tests are at -50.

Atomantic Shielding: The Contemptor pattern Dreadnought counts as having a Forcefield with a Protection Rating of 40, and Overloads on a 01-10. Additionally, if the Contemptor gets a 10 on the Vehicle Critical Hit chart, the explosion deals 6D10 Explosive damage to the pilot, and those within 3D10 meters take 3D10 Explosive damage.

Weaponry:
-The Right Arm cannot have a missile launcher, but can have a Heavy Conversion Beamer, which has the same stats as a standard Conversion Beamer, but has the Blast(2) quality up to 15 meters, Blast(3) up to Short Range, and Blast(4) against targets further than that.

-The Left Arm has a Dreadnought close-combat weapon with an in-built Master-Crafted Storm Bolter that may be swapped with a Master-Crafted Heavy Flamer. The hand cannot be used for anything else while firing the in-built weapon.

-Blood Angels may take a Furioso Variant with both hands following the rules for the Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought Left Arm weaponry.

-Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts may mount a Cyclone Missile Launcher as if they were wearing Terminator Armor.

-The Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought also has the "Living Relic" special rule from the Furioso Dreadnought.

#3 Arkio_Gannys

Arkio_Gannys

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Wonderful! I shall play test them in a training exercise against my marines XD they shall NOT be expecting it. If I have any notes then I'll let you know as soon as :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS