Ascension: Rebuild

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Dark Heresy is a little old. Ascension takes all of Dark Heresy's flaws and makes them glaring (SKILLS EVERYWHERE, unstoppable psykers, class balance goes right out the window, plus that whole Temple Assassin snafu). 

I think Ascension is a fantastic idea. I think that Dark Heresy isn't the proper form for it! Would it work as an Only War hack (new Specs with better gear and more xp) and would anyone want to see it?

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#2 Droma

Droma

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

I think RT is most appropriate for an ascesion level game. The players start off pretty well equiped and skilled without being totally over the top.

#3 furashgf

furashgf

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

RT makes sense, but don't the books from Black Crusade on have better mechanics/rules?

#4 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

furashgf said:

RT makes sense, but don't the books from Black Crusade on have better mechanics/rules?

OW/RT do have more current rules. I believe that Ascended characters would be in the realm of deathwatch power lvl though. That being said; Plushy has done some AWESOME work in converting the DH Archtypes to OW and I would love to see his take on this!

#5 DJSunhammer

DJSunhammer

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

You wouldn't need Ascension at all if you used OW rules and advancement tables. That system can easily handle any amount of XP up to and beyond deathwatch level.

#6 Droma

Droma

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Yeah Only War with with maybe 5000-10,000xp and a logistics rating of 40 to start?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS