• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

The next Deathwatch book has been announced. And, for fans of Space Hulk, it's a particular treat - a trilogy of adventures set aboard a Space Hulk in the Jericho Reach, accompanied by a Space Hulk Scenario Generator (written by myself).

I'm biased, of course, but I think that the whole thing is pretty damned cool.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#2 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Nice, sounds potentially useful for my Rogue Trader collection as well.

#3 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

I am very much looking forward to it.

#4 Captain Ventris

Captain Ventris

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Space Hulk Scenario Generator

Oh lawdy. This sounds like an awesome book.

#5 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Ok, I do have to say that I'm jealous of this. I would have loved to have been part of this book. The Mortis Thule is the first thing we used for our first Deathwatch games when we were play-testing The Achilus Assault, and it's one aspect of the DW setting that I love. I can't wait for this thing to arrive!

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#6 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hmm. Don't Space Hulks generally tear apart anything less than a squad of Terminators? I'm sure this'll be fun, but it may run lethal if done right.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#7 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Plushy said:

Hmm. Don't Space Hulks generally tear apart anything less than a squad of Terminators? I'm sure this'll be fun, but it may run lethal if done right.

Could be a higher rank game?

#8 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Space Hulks are a nightmare for Terminators as well. First time our KT stepped into the Mortis Thule we found ourselves fighting a Carnifex within minutes!

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#9 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Of course I will buy it.  That and The outer reach, The Navis Primer, The Tome of Blood, Only War, Relic, and the Starwars Card game.  As well as any game I can put on my Android. 

I justify this by saying that increasing profits for FFG will increase GDP and help the economic recovery. 

#10 afterimagedan

afterimagedan

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

peterstepon said:

I justify this by saying that increasing profits for FFG will increase GDP and help the economic recovery. 

I do the same thing. Holy crap, I am excited for this. I love Space Hulk; I love Deathwatch. Perfect blend.

#11 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

This looks really cool. I'm looking foward to it.

#12 Alpha Chaos 13

Alpha Chaos 13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

You had me at Space Hulk!

#13 mcneil_1

mcneil_1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I am so looking forward to this book (I wonder what fun little suprises I can spring on my group from it)

#14 jareddm

jareddm

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

The Mortis Thule was one of the first things that really grabbed me when I was browsing through Achilus Assault.  It makes me so excited to see everyone else thought so as well.

#15 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm honestly just happy to see a book anouncement thread where there's no bitching and complaining, and general trollish behavior. :)

And of course, there's the awesomeness of getting a book about Space Hulks! Damnit FFG, you keep finding new ways to get my money.

#16 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Since we are on the topic, any possibility of seeing a Death Angel App for Iphone or android?  Heck, a Deathwatch App would be great.  Otherwise, I will be forced to learn how to play Templar Assault. 

#17 Brother Anselm

Brother Anselm

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I was lucky enough to pick up Space Hulk and a few add ons for free a few years back, i used to referee it for my son and nephew we all loved it.

As a fan and player of Deathwatch, (long term Black Templar Assault Marine) I can't wait for the new scenario book to come out.

#18 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

I don't buy "adventure books" ever, between the price tags and the imaginarium inside my head, I stay away.

But something as iconic to the universe as a Space Hulk would be totally worth the buy, also the statblocks for things that could be used elsewhere add to the value for me. 

Are genestealers already documented in the books?  I only have the Core Rulebook and Errata right now and I haven't made it past the armoury chapter.

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#19 Brother Anselm

Brother Anselm

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

I wish I still had the time and imagination I had when I was younger, nowadays I can't wait for adventures to be published.

Source books are ok, but i prefer the adventures. I find I can more easily adapt and add to an adventure plot than make up an entire scenario.

I become very self critical when writing, I wish i had the ability to 'wing it' as some of my peers do.

#20 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

CrunchyDemon said:

I don't buy "adventure books" ever, between the price tags and the imaginarium inside my head, I stay away.

But something as iconic to the universe as a Space Hulk would be totally worth the buy, also the statblocks for things that could be used elsewhere add to the value for me.

Are genestealers already documented in the books?  I only have the Core Rulebook and Errata right now and I haven't made it past the armoury chapter.

I'm have a similar mindset with published adventures - I prefer to come up with my own adventures - but I still buy them all. I view them, weirdly, as a MTG player might view a stack of booster packs: a chance to get new things to add to the game. In this case I mean new adversary profiles, and the first thing I do with an adventure book is flip to the NPC's & Adversaries section to see what we 'get' with this book.

Genestealers (and a lot of Tyranid units) are located in Mark of the Xenos. All the Tyranid units that weren't covered in Mark of the Xenos are covered in The Jericho Reach.

BYE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS