Arkham Horror 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Just think of what can continue the main serie…

What if next game was of same genre, but players would assume role of mythos agents trying to uncover the location of seals and break them, find an important person and dispose of it, get rid of unwanted clues and other stuff? 

#2 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Bleah.

I'm not saying this isn't possible, or that it's a bad idea…but I don't WANT to be the "bad guys".  They're sick and insane, and if they win…well, the world ends, and we all lose, even them!

I think this is for those special players who want to accomplish "Join the Winning Team" while playing alone.

What was that noise?

#3 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Well, in Call of Cthulhu LCG you can play even as a Cthulhu himself.

And I think it'd be an interesting take to see the story from the other side. 

#4 Nun of your business

Nun of your business

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think one of the things that makes the Elder Gods and Eldritch Beings of the Cthulhu Mythos interesting is the idea that you can't really get behind their motives, for the most part. The whole "Cosmic Evil" (which really is almost more of a "Cosmic  Amorality", the way I most often read things) is of a scope that serves to beggar the human ability to even imagine, much less comprehend. The worshippers of these guys generally come off as pretty loathesome if not just down-right pathetic, insane wretches. The few who are down with the big bad who still have all their marbles are still working towards a goal I don't know that many folks could really feel motivated to achieve. Unless you're into crazy-elaborate and unique modes of suicide? 

I think designing the game would be an interesting experiment in mechanics, and I have to admit I have a weird, morbid curiosity about (and an almost icky desire to write) the flavor text for all the cards, but I don't think, in the end, it'd be a game I'd want to play.

I kinda really groove on trying to save the world. It's where I keep all my cookies!

#5 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well, one of Agents could be the Shadowy Figure, he fits excellently.

Cultists, wizards, disguised intelligent monsters all can be the Agents. 

#6 MrArkham

MrArkham

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Dunno about a AH sequel, but a expansion that takes place in Salem or Maine would be interesting.

#7 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Someone crafted an Arkham Investigation scenario that took place in VT, and which revolved around the Whisperers in Darkness story. I don't know if it would make for a great expansion, but it certainly would make a great Mansions of Madness PoD… 

#8 mulletcheese

mulletcheese

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

I don't think we will get a sequel to AH, and possibly not even an expansion, but I do suspect there will be a revised or new edition eventually.

AH had it's flaws, which were mostly fixed by the MH expansion, and FFG have learned a lot since this was released. I'm confident they can release an improved edition of this game.

there could be several spin off games for the AH, e.g. A talisman/rune bound like game set in the dream lands, or a LOTR style card game where a team of adventurers face an encounter deck that represents an investigation/evil plot, or a stand alone game set in a remote location (mansions or madness or a deep one city), or a game in a historic setting like the deep one invasion of insmouth.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS