• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

I thought we could post our card ideas here for FF. I'll kick it off:

Medusa - Barrier - Destroyer
Rez cost:5
Strength:3

Increase the cost of the removed program by 1bit for every advancement token
->Runner must place 1 installed program back into their grip and pay the install cost -or- trash it
->Place an advancement token on Medusa -or- trace-3:if succesful give the runner 1 tag
->End Run

"We think every one deserves options from NBN, even the criminals." -NBN Data Security Director

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

If you really want FFG to use your idea, you are better off not posting it. If you post it they can't really use it due to intellectual property laws. Now if you win a tournament of some kind and the prize is design a card, assuming that is a prize they use in the future.

#3 Siljin

Siljin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Well they can have them if they want them. If there is a better way to convey card ideas to FF then could a mod please state that?

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

MOD's don't really post on the forums. FFG is fairly hands off when it come to the forums unless they need to intervene.

The only way fan cards get made for any of the LCG's is if they win a tournament that the prize is "design a card". Several AGoT cards were made that way by previous world champions. I assume we might see something similar in Netrunner once OP gets going.

#5 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

It’s not just that you’re willing to let them have your idea; it’s also that you posted it on a public forum for everyone to see. There’s nothing stopping someone else as claiming it as their own and turning it into a legal landmine. Sure, you could prove it came from you, but that’s a legal mess whose untangling is just not worth it for most companies.
Not only that, but your “Well they can have them if they want them" probably doesn't cut it as a legal admission of donation. The only company I know that actively welcomed regular card idea submissions had players throwing in a legal boilerplate. I'm talking a complicated bunch of legalese just to ensure they were in the courtroom clear.
Don't get me wrong- I believe you're sincere in your idea and donation. As a long-time CCG player, I've had my own fair share of card ideas that I just wished a game company would look at. But being really careful when it comes to intellectual property matters is just practical for companies such as FFG.

#6 photogasm

photogasm

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

PR Campaign (Corp):

Allows the corp to pay X Credits to remove bad publicity.  Should probably be pretty expensive and require clicks, and/or make it an asset.

#7 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Anarch faction

The Turk
Install Cost 8 / Memory Cost 2
Program: Icebreaker - AI - Virus
Strength: 4
After a successful run on a central server in which The Turk was used to break at least 1 subroutine, place a virus counter on the Turk.
Reduce the cost to break subroutines with The Turk by 1 for every 2 virus counters on The Turk.

4 credits: Break a subroutine

#8 JoshTheStampede

JoshTheStampede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Toqtamish said:

If you really want FFG to use your idea, you are better off not posting it. If you post it they can't really use it due to intellectual property laws. Now if you win a tournament of some kind and the prize is design a card, assuming that is a prize they use in the future.

Rules and mechanics of a game are not generally copyrightable, only the specific wording and layout/art used to express it. So at worst they would need to change the name of a suggested card.

• etherial likes this

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

Sorry but you are wrong. There is a lot more to it than that. Not going to get in to the legalese as I don't fully understand it all myself.

#10 Siljin

Siljin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Interesting input on legality. At the end of the day if people want to throw ideas at the forum and let FF pick up what they want does it really matter? At best ANR players can exercise their creativity.

#11 photogasm

photogasm

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Any way we can keep the legal debate out of a potentially useful thread?

Right then, here's another:

Signal Anchor (Upgrade)

Cost: 4  Trash Cost: 2

Effect:  The runner may not voluntarily jack out during runs on this server.

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

photogasm said:

Any way we can keep the legal debate out of a potentially useful thread?

It was relevant in reference to the original post as he wanted to give his ideas to FFG. That is simply not possible which was why it was mentioned. Dream away guys just realize FFG cannot use the ideas simply because they are posted on the forums.

#13 photogasm

photogasm

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Not too worried about it.  Chances are they wouldn't have used them anyway, it's just for fun, so relax :)

#14 Joe K.

Joe K.

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Eventually, there is going to be a AN:NET card editor online and everyone can make either serious of humorous cards. The new Identity cards have big potential. It sort of reminds of Cosmic Encounter. Very easy to put your favorite fictional characters into some.

…Some time ago, I made up a ID card like this:

Anarch

BL: 0

45/15

Starting hand limit is 3.

Win the game scoring 6 agenda points.

#15 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

photogasm said:

Not too worried about it.  Chances are they wouldn't have used them anyway, it's just for fun, so relax :)

You relax as well. I am not un relaxed was responding to your post as well as the original post and some responses afterwards. Anyway I am outta this one.

#16 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Just wondering if there are any good Netrunner card editors, or at least templates?

For making own cards

#17 GeneticDrift

GeneticDrift

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

NBN faction cost 3

Account Sign Up
Trap
When the runner accesses this card in R&D or HQ the runner loses 5 credits plus an extra 2 credits for each tag they have. Gain as many credits as the runner lost.
Trash 3

Neutral 2 faction cost
Net Neutrality
Trap
When accessed or revealed the runner cannot make a run for the rest of this turn.
Trash 4

Shaper, faction cost 1
Internet Celebrity
Event
Cost 0
Put a program from your grip onto your stack, gain 3

#18 xodarap

xodarap

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

MOD's don't really post on the forums. FFG is fairly hands off when it come to the forums unless they need to intervene.

The only way fan cards get made for any of the LCG's is if they win a tournament that the prize is "design a card". Several AGoT cards were made that way by previous world champions. I assume we might see something similar in Netrunner once OP gets going.

God I hope not, that's just asking for balance issues!  I doubt they would do that though.  They can risk that with other LCGs but I think they know better than to take such a careless risk with NetRunner! 

"Hastur. Hastur. Hastur. Suck it, my girlfriend is Science!"
-Will Wheaton-

#19 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

God I hope not, that's just asking for balance issues!  I doubt they would do that though.  They can risk that with other LCGs but I think they know better than to take such a careless risk with NetRunner! 

Don't assume the champions get to make whatever they want. They still have to work with the developers in terms of balance, templating, costing, et cetera. And the company has the final say.

I don't appreciate your cavalier attitude to "other LCGs" either, that kind of contempt is unwelcome.

• Toqtamish and CommissarFeesh like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS