Thoughts on pilots

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sheriff288

Sheriff288

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Has anyone heard if FFG plans on just releasing pilots?   Card packs for 8 bucks that have Wes Janson, Hobbe or others?  Sometimes you have enough minis, you just want new pilots.  

#2 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

We only know what's listed on the products page -- wave 1 and wave 2 stuff. We don't know what, if anything, will be coming after that.

But I think card-only expansions would be cool. Well, cards and ship tokens.

#3 kmanweiss

kmanweiss

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

If they were fixed boosters, I'd be in favor of them.  Could be 1 booster per ship type or something with new unique pilots, additional abilities or other upgrades.

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Heck, make a Wave 1 Pilot Booster that has new named and unnamed pilots for each of the Wave 1 ships. Then if someone wants Porkins, but haven't bought a Y-wing yet, it'll be an incentive to buy a Y-wing. Imagine a 60-card expansion, like an LCG pack, full of new pilots for wave 1! Is 60 overkill? Yes. I can't imagine that many. But it would be cool to have just a single pack of just pilots to add to all the existing ships.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Sounds like an ideal candidate for a print on demand release.

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

DailyRich said:

Sounds like an ideal candidate for a print on demand release.

Holy cow! That's brilliant! I started FFG games with LotR:LCG and Print on Demand had the problem of not being able to produce player cards because the cards would have a different texture or something. But for a game like this where they are all face-up, a PoD card pack would be awesome!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#7 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Budgernaut said:

Stuff about a 60 card pilot expansion

That would take a LOT of playtesting.

#8 Ming31

Ming31

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Some blank pilots so you can nme your own .  Just a group of generic pilots and maybe some new quirks . ie

action card "trigger happy"  can fire primary and secondary weapons this turn  ( focus applies to only one attack)

y wing pilot  can fire all his torpedoes as one attack . more variety to pilots would be cool

#9 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'd love to see pilot packs of cards.  Give me a Y-Wing pilot with a skill upgrade please!!!

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

#10 KarmikazeKidd

KarmikazeKidd

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Emrico, that's actually one of my only gripes. I can't believe Horton Salm didn't get one. Experience 8, but no skill? Come on. It makes me a little sad inside.

#11 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

this would be awsome, i was looking at my cards and i was alittle miffed realizing the plethora of choices i have for xwing and tie pilots, but so few choices for y wing and advanced… itll be the same with wave 2 of they dont do this (though it makes sense to have limited pilots for the falcon and slave 1) if they dont do pilot only i hope they release "new" versions of the ships

id especially love to see corran horn and other eu rogue squadron members in the game (when those books were released i fell o. love with that name and vowed to name my kids calvin and corran were i to.have two boys… i lost that battle with my wife)

#12 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Don't forget the pilot cards also need a set of ship tokens to go with them.

#13 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

cleardave said:

Don't forget the pilot cards also need a set of ship tokens to go with them.

Ooh, good call.

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS