Alternative Way to Transport Your Miniatures and Rules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Black2

Black2

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Being a child of the Kennner Star Wars toys in the 70s and 80s I believe this would be an awesome way to Transport your ships and tools to a tournament.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e72b77a68

:)

#2 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Do it!

It would be a pretty solid way to show up in style for an organized event.  Make sure you play Rebels for added thematic win points.

#3 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

nice way to drive up the price of your auction ;-) (lol, just kidding!)

i've been looking into different storage methods… i've outgrown my original core box- though i'm ordering a second core this weekend, i don't really want to use two game boxes… so this did open a new line of thinking for me… thanks buddy!

#4 jesusdlagarza

jesusdlagarza

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Black2 said:

Being a child of the Kennner Star Wars toys in the 70s and 80s I believe this would be an awesome way to Transport your ships and tools to a tournament.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e72b77a68

:)

Wow that would look more cool with ties inside :)

#5 Black2

Black2

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

MilesD37 said:

nice way to drive up the price of your auction ;-) (lol, just kidding!)

i've been looking into different storage methods… i've outgrown my original core box- though i'm ordering a second core this weekend, i don't really want to use two game boxes… so this did open a new line of thinking for me… thanks buddy!

This isn't my auction :) , they have 1-5 Transports ending a week on ebay. I was planning on using a Kenner Transport but I went overboard with models and had to get a multi case to hold all my ships (and we are only on Wave one). Usually shipping is $10-$20 and the transport go for $15-30 depending on condition.

Still I have been trolling ebay and when I can get one for under $20 with shipping (Missing guns and cockpit, but having carrying case and exterior) I will probably pick one up because I would love showing up at a out of town game store with that as my transport.  :)

The other thought is taking an old Darth Vader Kenner carrying case, putting foam into the slots and cutting out spots for ships.

I still think the Rebel Transport is cooler!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS