Another Ion Cannon question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CappyTom

CappyTom

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

On the bottom of the card it says to discard if you use the special option, at the bottom half of the card, to get more hits. If I don't use the option can I keep the card and Ion Cannon? Meaning that I can shoot using the regular rules for Ion Cannon and not use the modifier at the bottom of the card. So as to shoot as often as I like. Hope this is making sense to someone.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

CappyTom said:

On the bottom of the card it says to discard if you use the special option, at the bottom half of the card, to get more hits. If I don't use the option can I keep the card and Ion Cannon? Meaning that I can shoot using the regular rules for Ion Cannon and not use the modifier at the bottom of the card. So as to shoot as often as I like. Hope this is making sense to someone.

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.  You never have to discard the ion cannon turret card.  There's nothing on the card at all like that.  You cannot ignore the special effects that come with the card - so you can't choose to get more than one hit at the cost of giving an ion token.  I think that answers one of your questions at least…

#3 CappyTom

CappyTom

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Sorry guys it was the proton torpedo's. I'm guessing that each ship only has one per game.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ah, for proton torpedoes you have to discard the card (and the target lock) in order to use it, even if you don't use the bonus text.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS