Good Sign that FF is sold out of Core Set

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Black2

Black2

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

I noticed that Fantasy Flight is sold out of their Core set on their own website. http://store.fantasy...s.cfm?SKU=SWX01

I know that you can still get this set on Ebay and Amazon and at your local game store, but I take this to be a good thing that the sales are high.

I really want this game to have some legs because ever since West End Games put out Star Warrior I wanted to have fun running dog fights, and I love the miniatures.

#2 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, my local comics and games shop told me last weekend that they were sold out at the distributor and at the manufacturer. I assume they will get the core game back in stock at least by the time the next expansion wave comes out.

Be seeing you.

#3 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

I dont think they expected as many people to buy 2 starters (Im debating on getting a third)

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#4 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

You can always hit Target.  They don't seem to be selling there well at all.  But for all I know they many have more in the back that they replenish from.

Roy

#5 Midnight_Fox

Midnight_Fox

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

drkjedi35 said:

You can always hit Target.  They don't seem to be selling there well at all.  But for all I know they many have more in the back that they replenish from.

Roy

I think it's certain Targets. I've seen two that sold out of them, but 3 others still have good stock(but I know for a fact one had been restocked: they had 1 copy one day and suddenly a whole case +1 the next week).

#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I believe the initial run was 60k units. My pre-order arrived in an X-Wing Core Set shipping box that orinally contained six sets and was numbered 4k,something out of 10k cases.

#7 DangerousFat

DangerousFat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

My buddy runs a store and generally special interest products like these he special orders for me alone.  I ordered one core set initially, which was listed as like backordered but available… which was weird. lol  After getting it in and playing a few matches with it, I immediately ordered another core set and the 4 available expansions.  Once again, the core set was listed as backordered but available.  They're coming in today… I'm super excited for them. lol  

Anyway, I love the game and despite the rampant cries of overpriced I hear, it's a fantastic game and it's Star Wars.  It will sell well and continue to sell well as long as they keep releasing awesome stuff for it.  I'm not surprised.

Can anyone offer any insight as to the 60,000 copies comment.  Where does that stand compared to other products?  Is that low, moderate, or high for a launch run of a product?  

#8 kingbobb

kingbobb

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hearing this, I'm glad I ordered two!  I got mine from Cool Stuff Inc., they seem to have a good supply of cores and boosters, and a good ability to re-stock. They had Y-Wings on Monday afternoon, sold out by Monday evening, and restocked Wednesday. 

Target stores are going to be hit and miss.  The FFG products they've been carrying for the past 6 months or so around me don't seem to sell that quickly, and in fact some of them have been put up on clearance from time to time.  And so far as I've heard, Target isn't going to be carrying boosters.

But looking at what I wanted to order, 2 Cores seems pretty standard, but still not all that unreasonable for a great playing and looking game.

#9 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

kingbobb said:

Target stores are going to be hit and miss.  The FFG products they've been carrying for the past 6 months or so around me don't seem to sell that quickly, and in fact some of them have been put up on clearance from time to time.  And so far as I've heard, Target isn't going to be carrying boosters.

I swing by Targets in my town weekly - i expect they will be clearanced - I don't think Target stores are the typical sales point for this kind of game.

#10 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Amazon recently got all the stuff in stock and is selling through its main service. Before, it was all through secondary retailers that weren't eligible for free shipping and whatnot.

#11 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

cmdrcody said:

kingbobb said:

I swing by Targets in my town weekly - i expect they will be clearanced - I don't think Target stores are the typical sales point for this kind of game.

Target has the game on their shelves more to accommodate the mainstream holiday shopping crowd than the gaming crowd.  Don't expect them to clearance these until January.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#12 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

I just hope they print some more of these soon!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS