Printer Friendly Character Sheets Please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Deathwatch character sheets are some of the best I've ever seen!  Best look and best use of space, awesome artwork!

But MAN, these things are absolute murder on my printer.  If FFG could find it in their hearts to remove some of the intensity from these character sheets, like, maybe not having each pixel of the character sheet be gray-colored.  I'd really appreciate it!

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#2 kjakan

kjakan

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

A black-and-white minimalistic character sheet would be quite well received.

-K

#3 TechVoid

TechVoid

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

How about this one I made up for my group:

www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~huthmach/MarineStatsBlankEnglish.pdf

#4 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

That… is a pretty damn good character sheet.  Well done, sir.

You've got some additional Talents and Skills marked off that I don't recall seeing in the Core Rulebook chapter on character creation though.  I'm still new and I don't own any other books besides Core and Errata, so this may be the fault of the my inexperience.

Concealment ranks, Dodge ranks, Lores, Navigation Surface, Silent Move, Burst of Speed, Feats of Strength.

#5 TechVoid

TechVoid

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the compliment.

To be honest, I do not fully understand your critique. I included the errata and also marked some skill with special rues, like concealment and silent moves where the malus of power armour applies. Also perception based skill with the bonus of heightened senses. Furthermore I include the Solo Modes every (core rule) Marine has.

But I have no problems to modify the sheet if you have some good suggestions.

Additionally I think I will skip the Solo Modes, since I made up some Action Cards the size of TCG cards. You print them and put them on old TCG cards and with a sleeve to protect it you have a nice overview over Solo & Squad Modes and even Psyker Powers.

Cheers,

-- Techvoid.

#6 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

TechVoid said:

To be honest, I do not fully understand your critique.

Wasn't intended to be a critique, I love your sheets and want to use them.  I was curious where some of the abilities came from, but then I looked at the official sheet and it turns out I was mistaken all along. 

I don't remember seeing that all marines have the Burst of Speed and Feat of Strength Abilities in the character creation section of the Core Rulebook.  Is that in the Solo and Squad Mode Abilities chapter?  I just got my book last week, I've only made it to the Armoury section.

#7 TechVoid

TechVoid

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

CrunchyDemon said:

I don't remember seeing that all marines have the Burst of Speed and Feat of Strength Abilities in the character creation section of the Core Rulebook.  Is that in the Solo and Squad Mode Abilities chapter?  I just got my book last week, I've only made it to the Armoury section.

It it written on page 215 in the core rules: A space marine receives all the Solo Modes where he meets the requirements for. This includes the two Codex Abilities Feat of Strength and Burst of Speed at Rank 1 as the Chapter Solo Modes, which are already mentioned in each Chapter description.

Cheers,

-- TechVoid.

#8 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Ha, yeah, the GM at our game last night had the same question I did about those two solo mode abilities, we referenced that page and sure as hell at rank 1, we meet the prerequisites.

Thanks again for your input.  Our game group surely appreciates it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS