Looking forward to seeing schedule and looking for advice on what to focus on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xuzuthor

xuzuthor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

This will be my first Arkham Nights, and I'm looking forward to seeing the schedule of events.  I cheated a bit by looking at last years schedule of events.

I was wondering what others have done when they go.  Do you playtest a lot?  Do you bring your copy of a game and play with your group?  Should I bring my games with?  Do you play with random people?

(Note that I do not play the LCG else I'd obviously know to bring my deck with me - I play the other games though - Elder Sign, Arkham Horror, and Mansions of Madness - although technically I only own Mansions and haven't played it yet)

Any advice or tips would be useful.  I will be getting to the area on Thursday night so I'll be able to be there the entire time if I chose to.

Thanks.

#2 xuzuthor

xuzuthor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yay!  Schedule has posted. (see news)

#3 bioball

bioball

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Don't really need to bring anything other than a silver Sharpie pen. Everyone is pretty nice and basically FFG will set up a lot of game both in main Even Center and the gaming hall next door. You just walk in and sit down at a game or if people are already sitting there ask if there is a spot open.

There is not so much playtesting unreleased product, however last year without any prior announcement they had a beta of Elder Sign: Omens that you could try out on a few iPads they had around.

I think my basic advice is just to jump in and be enthusiastic about whatever you are playing AND play as much stuff as possible. I know the CoC the LCG is quite good so since you've not played it maybe concentrate on that. Also I've play a little be of the Fiasco system so if you like RPGs then its a fun one to try out.

#4 xuzuthor

xuzuthor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the advice, especially so now I know that I don't have to lug around my Arkham Horror/Mansions/Elder Sign collection.  I still plan to bring them all, but mostly just because I'm getting in on Thursday night so I may play a game on Friday before the event.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS