Restrictions on Specialization by Regiment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Does any regiment not allow certain specializations?

I know the Catachans have a nasty habit of fragging their Commissars, and for some reason I keep thinking that the Kriegers either lack Psykers or Abhumans, and I also think that those wonderful little trench-heads don't have Medics?. Can someone help me out? I'm certain that some regiments are as funny as the Space Marine chapters are with their specializations (some lack Apothecaries or Librarians).

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#2 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Kriegers have Medics, they call them Quartermasters and they heal who they can, execute those you can't be saved, and collect their gear. In a Death Korps game I would disallow abhumans… maybe psykers and/or enginseers (maybe).

I don't think that restrictions are mentioned, but the GM has the final say, at least I would think.

#3 CaptainTrek

CaptainTrek

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

The Russian said:

Kriegers have Medics, they call them Quartermasters and they heal who they can, execute those you can't be saved, and collect their gear. In a Death Korps game I would disallow abhumans… maybe psykers and/or enginseers (maybe).

I don't think that restrictions are mentioned, but the GM has the final say, at least I would think.

I for one can't see any reason why the Kriegers wouldn't get Mechanicus support. Psykers I can definitely see them potentially not having, though…

#4 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, rereading their history, I forgot about how Jurten was friends with a Magos that helped them Purge the heresy with nuclear weapons…

#5 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I really want to throw together some Krieger specializations; they've got Troopers, Engineers, Watchmasters (officers), Quartermasters (medics), and Death Riders, in addition to the tank drivers and Mechanicus fellas. No psykers or abhumans, though.

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#6 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

I think Watchmasters are more along the lines of  Sergeants.

#7 Kurgan_cz

Kurgan_cz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

In Dead Man Walking Quartermasters also filled the role of supply men - they redistributed weapons and equipment of the fallen soldiers.

Also, you forgot Grenadiers which are their Storm Troopers. I would make a new advance instead of Protector though.

#8 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

So it would probably be Trooper, Engineer, Quartermaster, Watchmaster, Commissar, Enginseer, Grenadier, and Death Rider? Plus an Operator, of course.

#9 Kurgan_cz

Kurgan_cz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Yes, it would. Can't remember any other speciality.

#10 Arbitrator

Arbitrator

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Probably no Orgyns or Ratlings for Elysians. The whole "We -REALLY- hate the Mutant…" thing not to mention finding a grav-chute that would fit either of them is going to be very difficult. 

#11 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

There is no reason not to incloude Heavy Gunner in the list. 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#12 Kurgan_cz

Kurgan_cz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Heavy Gunner is just another Trooper. I think he was looking more for specializations names the Krieg uses. In that Tooper is rank name and covers all rank and file specializations.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS