Jump to content



Photo

How many weeks of Beta?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sturn

Sturn

    Member

  • Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

So when should I start printing out the Beta updates and gluing them in my book? I was going to wait a bit so I didn't repeat the process over and over. Are we looking at 10 weeks? 20 weeks?



#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

    Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

  • Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Sturn said:

So when should I start printing out the Beta updates and gluing them in my book? I was going to wait a bit so I didn't repeat the process over and over. Are we looking at 10 weeks? 20 weeks?

Well, on the main page for EotE Beta, they say the deadline for feedback is December 1st.  So I figure we've got another 8 or so weeks of updates to look forward to.


Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"


#3 New Zombie

New Zombie

    Member

  • Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

 i must say that i'm impressed. this is no beta in name only. FFG really are prepared to significantly alter the system. the genuinely appear to be listening to the feedback. would love to see a behind the scenes article/doco on the process.



#4 3WhiteFox3

3WhiteFox3

    Member

  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

New Zombie said:

 i must say that i'm impressed. this is no beta in name only. FFG really are prepared to significantly alter the system. the genuinely appear to be listening to the feedback. would love to see a behind the scenes article/doco on the process.

I'll second this.



#5 Armenius Orson Carrick

Armenius Orson Carrick

    Member

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'll +1 to that. If I wasn't already a massive lover of FF products and convinced of their desire to make high quality rpg products, then this beta process would convince me. As it stands, it's only made me love them even more. ;)

But seriously, it's great to see the large changes that are being made in response to people's feedback. If absolutely nothing else it certainly makes it feel like the beta was a worthwhile purchase.



#6 Sturn

Sturn

    Member

  • Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

I hope they don't go too far and change stuff based on just a couple fans complaining about it. Lots of thought was put in this game, I don't want them to change something that is NOT broken just because someone whined.

For example (not taking sides here) some disliked skill bloat and now we no longer have Surveillance. We are now hearing some wishing Surveillance was still included. What if it was a better idea to keep Surveillance over all, but now it's too late. I'm just using Surveillance as an example, I'm on the fence whether it should stay or go.



#7 Callidon

Callidon

    Member

  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Sturn said:

I hope they don't go too far and change stuff based on just a couple fans complaining about it. Lots of thought was put in this game, I don't want them to change something that is NOT broken just because someone whined.
I think the design team will (at least I hope) maintain good boundaries.  One person's complaint is another person's feedback.   I don't think changes to the game will be implemented due to "whining" per se.  Rather, it may just be that the design group decides that they do want to change something.  Another thing to keep in mind is that as they change and massage the game system…certain tidbits that were well liked by some will get the axe. It's the nature of the beast. 

We'll all inevitably have our own lists of changes that make us (individually or with backup vocals) go "oh man they really puggled the trodd on that rules change…splitters!"  The silver lining there is that we'll still have access to the Beta and the update documents.  So we'll have a headstart on where we want to go with any houserules :-)

Party on dudettes and dudes

 


STUFF:

Edge of the Empire: Talent Trees; Force Powers; Character Sheet

 


#8 Rikoshi

Rikoshi

    Member

  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Armenius Orson Carrick said:

I'll +1 to that. If I wasn't already a massive lover of FF products and convinced of their desire to make high quality rpg products, then this beta process would convince me. As it stands, it's only made me love them even more. ;)

But seriously, it's great to see the large changes that are being made in response to people's feedback. If absolutely nothing else it certainly makes it feel like the beta was a worthwhile purchase.

Definitely seconding that. The speed and visibility with which changes are being made is definitely an impressive thing, and raises my hopes of a final product that really reflects the greatness that Star Wars deserves.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS