Hummerhorns shadow card, unstoppable?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Shadow: deal 1 damage to each character the defending player controls.

Are u kidding me? For a solo player this means GG? They should change it to "1 damage to all defending characters". This card is monster.

#2 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yes, it is quite brutal, so you have to be prepared for shadow-effect counters, such as Burning Brand (lore), Hasty Stroke (spirit), Dunedain Watcher (leadership).

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#3 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Less hard counters are possible; Hardy Leadership will help dwarves survive such effects.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Man, makes me feel all special inside when new players complain about something like measly Hummerhorns as shadow effect. If you think that's bad, prepare to weep as you enter Khazad-Dum (Sudden Pitfall: "Shadow: Discard the defending character from play.", bam, could easily be two heroes lost) and Road to Rivendell (infamous Sleeping Sentry: "Shadow: Defending player must discard all exhausted characters he controls."). Suddenly 1 dmg to each character is a glorious gift.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Really! I v got that expansion so… is it still soloable? I am still trying to make core set quest 2…solo is hard but fun.

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Cutievalkyrie said:

Really! I v got that expansion so… is it still soloable? I am still trying to make core set quest 2…solo is hard but fun.

all quests apart from dol guldur and to a lesser extent return to mirkwood are soloable. you just need to give a lot of time to making the right deck and making it work…..as a solo player since the game came out i can say with certainty that it is much easier now the card pool has grown

but to echo dam hummerhorns is quite tame to new pack's standards

road to rivendell is nasty but not in a really tough way- its just plain luck based that you dont draw sleeping sentry when you're out of hasty strokes and dawn take you all- and you can guarentee that if you get rid of 1 shadow card using dawn take you all the one left will be sleeping sentry

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS