Star Wars Reading Day

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UndeadToast

UndeadToast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

This Saturday Oct 6, is Star Wars Reading Day. Barnes and Nobles all over the country are participating in this event. They will be reading Star Wars books to children in there stores as well as having games and prizes. The local chapters of the 501 Legion, Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Mercs are also participating in the event.

I plan on attending not only because I have a young daughter but also to find other Star Wars fans in my area. This could be a great way to introduce the game to those not in the gaming community. I think a lot of fans would want to get involved but might not know about the game. I plan on speaking with the manager of my local store to see if I can set up my table and run demos during the event.

For more information on the reading day check out starwars.com

Information is on their main page and all scheduled locations are listed on the site. See whats going on in your area!

#2 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

I plan to attend the Star Wars Reads Day event at the Carmel, IN Barnes & Noble -- 14709 US 31 North, Carmel, IN  46032.

For any central Indiana players, I plan to run X-Wing demos in the cafe during the event.  It's going to be using the quick-start rules.

Hope to see you there.

#3 UndeadToast

UndeadToast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I will be running a demo in the Greenville, NC location.

I plan on letting as many people as I have ships for jump in and try it out. Anyone interested can choose an X-Wing or Tie Fighter and play till they are destroyed. If they like it and want to keep playing or if a new player joins, their ship will come in from that factions table edge to join the fray!

If anyone in the area wants to help out we could try more complex scenerios. I'm hoping for a good turnout.

#4 Black2

Black2

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

UndeadToast said:

This Saturday Oct 6, is Star Wars Reading Day. Barnes and Nobles all over the country are participating in this event. They will be reading Star Wars books to children in there stores as well as having games and prizes. The local chapters of the 501 Legion, Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Mercs are also participating in the event.

I plan on attending not only because I have a young daughter but also to find other Star Wars fans in my area. This could be a great way to introduce the game to those not in the gaming community. I think a lot of fans would want to get involved but might not know about the game. I plan on speaking with the manager of my local store to see if I can set up my table and run demos during the event.

For more information on the reading day check out starwars.com

Information is on their main page and all scheduled locations are listed on the site. See whats going on in your area!

Thank you for posting this. I took my 4 year old daughter down today and she had a blast. She made a Yoda craft, colored, and liked looking at all the Star Wars books (and loves her new Yoda Star Wars Read Day pin that they gave her)

She likes playing X-wing with me, and we generally move the ships around the way she wants and roll the appropriate attack and defend and tell a story. In another year or two she will be playing the full rules with me.  :)

Thanks again for getting Star Wars Reading Day on my radar. You made a little girl's afternoon

#5 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

So let's hear some AARs! How'd it go for those demoing X-Wing? Good turn out/interest?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS