going from DH to RT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Henrik.Balslev

Henrik.Balslev

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

How does it work, when you go from Dark Heresy to Rogue Trader? I know the rulebook says that a beginning RT character equals a DH character with 5k xp, but do you then choose a class from RT to advance in, or do you keep advancing in your original class?

#2 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Option 1) The rules state you stay as a DH character in a RT setting.  Pay attention to the rule differences though.  DH Psychic Powers are different from RT (more grim dark, IMO).  Certain Talents also are different, like Basic Weapon Universal.

Option 2) Even though I haven't had DH PC's go RT yet, what I think I would do is let them create RT PC's at the XP value of their DH character's with their same name and everything.  Of course they would have to choose a profession similar to their DH one.  Arbitrator going Arch-militant, Void-Master or Seneschal , Scum going Seneschal or Void-Master, Guardsman going either Arch-militant or Void-Master, etc etc.  Whatever advances they purchased in stats would have to be purchased in RT with their same stats being converted over, and then +5 (because RT characters start with 25 while DH start with 20).  This would mostly allow them to read through the rule book and get familiar with the slight differences in the game.  Mind you, this is just my opinion as one GM to another, and as of yet I have not tested this theory/Houserule.  And yes, I know the Psyker would lose allot of his/her powers because they would not cross over, and now cost XP to purchase.

Option 3)  A combination of the above or something you come up with.  For a Houserule RT conversion of DH Psychic Powers, go to this link.  docs.google.com/document/d/12ixZDOtzuGVd05sOgDABMlr6dWaZw5Y8Z0IW7r_V2jc/edit   This conversion was not created by me, so edit it as you see fit for your game.

Hope some of this helps you and your crew out.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#3 Henrik.Balslev

Henrik.Balslev

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

thanks - I had some similar thoughts, so this confirmed me in my thoughts :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS