X Wing Trainer….new mission

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bullyboy

bullyboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I want to start adding in some various elelments to mix up the game a little. I'm going to try this out and would appreciate if a few of you guys would too, just to see how it plays out.

Needed..2 X wings. 5 TIE fighters.

2 Rookie X wing pilots with protons and R2 astro each.

5 Academy TIEs

Set up the X wings within 1 range bar of each other within 2 range bars of a table edge. Try on a 3x3 table first.

The Imperial player begins with 1 TIE fighter placed within 1 range bar of the table edge opposite the X Wings.

At the beginning of the first round the Imperial player rolls a single Agility die. If the Evade symbol is rolled, he will receive another TIE fighter appearing on the table edge where the evade arrow is pointing (may place anywhere on that edge). All TIEs appearing this way are placed on the very edge of the table.

The round then procedes as normal.

On the second round, the Imperial player rolls 2 Agility dice and follows the rule above. On the third and subsequent rounds he rolls 3 agility dice.

destroyed TIEs are recycled and no more than 5 TIEs can be on the table at a time (obviously!)

Objective: Count the number of TIEs the rebel player destroys before losing both X wings.

The players then may switch sides to see if they can do better.

#2 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Looks like fun.

You could also add a twist by dropping in Vader in a later round.

#3 GavinM

GavinM

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

Nice! I will have to try that out!

#4 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Very cool idea! I'll definitely be giving this a go.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS