Jump to content



Photo

Thorin Company (very powerful dwarf allies deck)


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Last couple of weeks we use to play with my a friend a lot of coop games. And we create 2 decks which is very good work together.

One is dwarf allies deck and another Elves deck with Glor and Elrond +Hama. So we can win any quest even the dragon without a big problem. And key here is Dwarf deck!!! Is crazy powerful! This deck too much powerful!!! Even for solo game is very good! FFG make some mistake with the rules again cose in my opinion if you can play half or even more of your deck in couple of rounds is crazy powerful. You will have army of dwarf allies and they can do everything: quest, fight and produce resources as well. you need kill Big boss like a W-king or Balrog or Watcher??? No problem you can attack every round about 15-20 attack.You can quest every round around 15-20 with the dwarf deck alone!

This is broken! Errata is coming soon im pretty sure.

Total Cards (50)

Hero (3)
Dain Ironfoot (RtM) x1
Ori (OHaUH) x1
Thorin Oakenshield (OHaUH) x1

Ally (21)
Dori (OHaUH) x2
Erebor Record Keeper (KD) x3
Erebor Hammersmith (Core) x3
Fili (OHaUH) x2
Gandalf (Core) x3
Longbeard Elder (FoS) x3
Longbeard Orc Slayer (Core) x2
Miner of the Iron Hills (Core) x3

Attachment (12)
Celebrian's Stone (Core) x1
Cram (OHaUH) x3
Hardy Leadership (SaF) x2
Legacy of Durin (TWitW) x2
Steward of Gondor (Core) x3
Thror's Map (OHaUH) x1

Event (17)
Daeron's Runes (FoS) x3
Lure of Moria (RtR) x2
Parting Gifts (AJtR) x3
Sneak Attack (Core) x3
We Are Not Idle (SaF) x3
A Very Good Tale (OHaUH) x3


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#2 badash56

badash56

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Wow, looks pretty fun!  I am going to give this a shot!



#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

badash56 said:

Wow, looks pretty fun!  I am going to give this a shot!

yes is a fun. You have army of allies, lot of cards in your hand and plenty of resources.

For solo game take out all A very good tale and add Narvi belt, Longbeard orc slayer and 1 more Legasy of Durin.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#4 richsabre

richsabre

    the REAL Gandalf.....

  • Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Glaurung said:

 

Last couple of weeks we use to play with my a friend a lot of coop games. And we create 2 decks which is very good work together.

One is dwarf allies deck and another Elves deck with Glor and Elrond +Hama. So we can win any quest even the dragon without a big problem. And key here is Dwarf deck!!! Is crazy powerful! This deck too much powerful!!! Even for solo game is very good! FFG make some mistake with the rules again cose in my opinion if you can play half or even more of your deck in couple of rounds is crazy powerful. You will have army of dwarf allies and they can do everything: quest, fight and produce resources as well. you need kill Big boss like a W-king or Balrog or Watcher??? No problem you can attack every round about 15-20 attack.You can quest every round around 15-20 with the dwarf deck alone!

This is broken! Errata is coming soon im pretty sure.

 

 

what exactly is it that you want errated? by the looks of your deck you implement nothing but standard card draw+resource draw=lots of allies. everyone uses this, yet they do not find the game way too easy.

therefore to correct this the entire dwarf race would have to be errated, and lets face it- theres already enough cards to remember/reprint- ffg shafting more (without good reason) would take the piss

would you mind posting a play report?

thanks

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

richsabre said:

Glaurung said:

 

Last couple of weeks we use to play with my a friend a lot of coop games. And we create 2 decks which is very good work together.

One is dwarf allies deck and another Elves deck with Glor and Elrond +Hama. So we can win any quest even the dragon without a big problem. And key here is Dwarf deck!!! Is crazy powerful! This deck too much powerful!!! Even for solo game is very good! FFG make some mistake with the rules again cose in my opinion if you can play half or even more of your deck in couple of rounds is crazy powerful. You will have army of dwarf allies and they can do everything: quest, fight and produce resources as well. you need kill Big boss like a W-king or Balrog or Watcher??? No problem you can attack every round about 15-20 attack.You can quest every round around 15-20 with the dwarf deck alone!

This is broken! Errata is coming soon im pretty sure.

 

 

what exactly is it that you want errated? by the looks of your deck you implement nothing but standard card draw+resource draw=lots of allies. everyone uses this, yet they do not find the game way too easy.

therefore to correct this the entire dwarf race would have to be errated, and lets face it- theres already enough cards to remember/reprint- ffg shafting more (without good reason) would take the piss

would you mind posting a play report?

thanks

rich

There is some key cards which is make this deck work good. Combo legacy of Durin, Dain , Thorin +Ori is very powerful. We are not idle and and Lure of Moria is oooo my god combo. Main idea you must to get 5 dwarfs in game then fun is begin. you draw like hell, quest like hell, and fight like hell. Gandalf+ sneak attack(reduce threat), lure of Moria for quest and fight and hell of a lot allies each attack 2 and quest 2 at least.  You can overwhelm Massing at Osgiliath like is difficulty 4 quest. 5 rounds is done. You quest every round about 25 will power and by the way kill W-king without any problem. You dont really care what is encounter deck is doing cose there nothing what can harm you.

Just try it you will see.

This deck is crazy powerful. More then any other deck i sow. In coop is 99% wining the game. Only 1 quest is hard: Battle of the lake-Town. In solo is also quite cool. Unbalanced like Beravur before.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#6 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

    Member

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Glaurung said:

 

Glaurung said:

You dont really care what is encounter deck is doing cose there nothing what can harm you.

Wouldn't a rock slide kill most of your party?



#7 richsabre

richsabre

    the REAL Gandalf.....

  • Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

ArachneJericho said:

 

Glaurung said:

 

 

Glaurung said:

You dont really care what is encounter deck is doing cose there nothing what can harm you.

 

 

Wouldn't a rock slide kill most of your party?

 

 

indeed- wheres the treachery and shadow cancellation? or are they in your partner deck?

if not a hit with sleeping sentry or another bad treachery card would end your game no matter how powerful it was.

still, in a solo game i wouldnt go without a test of will or two, or burning brand/hasty stroke

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

You need to try to understand.  Just play and you will see. Solo is more difficult sure but still very powerful.In coop is broken. Very difficult to lose.

 


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#9 richsabre

richsabre

    the REAL Gandalf.....

  • Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Glaurung said:

 

You need to try to understand.  Just play and you will see. Solo is more difficult sure but still very powerful.In coop is broken. Very difficult to lose.

 

 

 

i am trying- i just have tried a similar deck with the huge amount of allies and it wasnt that great as treachery cards killed it

i can quite easily throw together a deck that lets me have 10 dwarf allies in play with dain giving them +1 attack and willpower each round- but a couple of evil storms of sentry or anything like that just ends it….especially when you have someone like arwen along for the trip

can we have more info on the partner deck?

thanks

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#10 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

    Member

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

A key card is probably Hardy Leadership, without which dwarves are sitting ducks for mass damage treacheries.



#11 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

ArachneJericho said:

A key card is probably Hardy Leadership, without which dwarves are sitting ducks for mass damage treacheries.

Yes Hardy leadership is very good against it. But this deck also very fast. You can play half of your deck in the first couple of rounds and finish the game very quickly..

Just won with this deck Battle of the Lake-town. 183 points. Was really hard Thorin and Ori was dead but army of the Dwarfs slain the dragon with Lure of Moria.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#12 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

richsabre said:

Glaurung said:

 

You need to try to understand.  Just play and you will see. Solo is more difficult sure but still very powerful.In coop is broken. Very difficult to lose.

 

 

 

i am trying- i just have tried a similar deck with the huge amount of allies and it wasnt that great as treachery cards killed it

i can quite easily throw together a deck that lets me have 10 dwarf allies in play with dain giving them +1 attack and willpower each round- but a couple of evil storms of sentry or anything like that just ends it….especially when you have someone like arwen along for the trip

can we have more info on the partner deck?

thanks

rich

Partner deck is about cancel and heal +shuffle players deck back. So then dwarfs will be endless.

They key cards here is Thorin , we are not idle Ori and you must to have 5 dwarf and ou can get them on second round. Then fun is begin.

Our previous allies decks not work that effective like this one cose Thorin ,Orin and We are not idle just come out now with a Hobbit saga.Also a very good tale very effective. You can get 2 dwarf allies for free!


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#13 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

My first won solo against Battle of the Lake-Town. 183 points. Thorin was dead Ori was dead but Dain and army of Dwarfs slain the Smaug!

With any other deck i never have a chance for solo wining.  Really powerful deck.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#14 TheDisturbed1

TheDisturbed1

    Member

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

If you run both Kili and Fili then you can use one of them to pull in the other, then use A Very Good Tale to potentially pull 4 dwarves into play with only 3 resources.



#15 richsabre

richsabre

    the REAL Gandalf.....

  • Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

ArachneJericho said:

A key card is probably Hardy Leadership, without which dwarves are sitting ducks for mass damage treacheries.

this is true- but without anything for treachery and shadow this deck is seriously flawed for solo play- not only this but the deck has no healing or card recycling which you say the other deck has.

so yes- with the other deck i can see this being very powerful, but taken on its own i do not think this deck would stand up against some bad treacheries, of which are getting steadily more powerful as the packs are released, it would just be a lucky draw -rush deck

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#16 renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

something that i do not understand, why do i not see narvi's belt?  for maybe 2  slots u gain dain having the ability to fill any energy requirements needed on a turn by turn basis.  as a side benefit u could then add ANY dwarf of any resource type. erebor battle master ALONE makes narvis belts a must as when u lay down 20 dwarves u get a 20 axe character.  i challenge one person to give me ONE valid reason to say no to a 20 axe character.  shoot give me an arguement against a 10 axe character.   

plus id rather see nori in there rather than thorin.  when u get 5 dwarves what are u needing 5 leadership resources for (including steward in that math).  instead with nori u could use some treachery canceling, lower ur threat very easy, and can use bofur to add 2 will to questing and lower ur threat by one every turn.  finally id add faramir if u havent already as +2 will to every dwarf questing is just great.  other benefits to consider include zigil miner granting large chunks of resources, can include kili and fili with no loss of speed (both should be in there anyway). 

question.  with thorin and dain how are u not getting smacked around in solo play by hill trolls and such on turn one?



#17 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

renegadeshepherd said:

something that i do not understand, why do i not see narvi's belt?  for maybe 2  slots u gain dain having the ability to fill any energy requirements needed on a turn by turn basis.  as a side benefit u could then add ANY dwarf of any resource type. erebor battle master ALONE makes narvis belts a must as when u lay down 20 dwarves u get a 20 axe character.  i challenge one person to give me ONE valid reason to say no to a 20 axe character.  shoot give me an arguement against a 10 axe character.   

plus id rather see nori in there rather than thorin.  when u get 5 dwarves what are u needing 5 leadership resources for (including steward in that math).  instead with nori u could use some treachery canceling, lower ur threat very easy, and can use bofur to add 2 will to questing and lower ur threat by one every turn.  finally id add faramir if u havent already as +2 will to every dwarf questing is just great.  other benefits to consider include zigil miner granting large chunks of resources, can include kili and fili with no loss of speed (both should be in there anyway). 

question.  with thorin and dain how are u not getting smacked around in solo play by hill trolls and such on turn one?

Yes Narvi belt is good idea i already add it. But not really neceseary. About troll is not a big deal cose you will grow so quickly with allies.

If everything going right in the first 4 5 rounds you play half on your deck on the table and you dont really care about anything from encounter deck.

Strategy is very easy: Survive couples first rounds, same time get 5 dwarfs, when you get 5 dwarfs combo start to work, put in the 2 rounds all your dwarf army and finish the game in 2 maximum 3 next round. Normal is 5-6-7 rounds you win.

You dont need any cancel effect cose you must to concentrate only on : first get 5 dwarfs as quick as possible then play all you allies on the table you can do it in 1 rounds sometimes(if you lucky) and done. all other cards is only delay you on this way.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#18 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

richsabre said:

ArachneJericho said:

 

A key card is probably Hardy Leadership, without which dwarves are sitting ducks for mass damage treacheries.

 

 

this is true- but without anything for treachery and shadow this deck is seriously flawed for solo play- not only this but the deck has no healing or card recycling which you say the other deck has.

so yes- with the other deck i can see this being very powerful, but taken on its own i do not think this deck would stand up against some bad treacheries, of which are getting steadily more powerful as the packs are released, it would just be a lucky draw -rush deck

rich

Hey Rich do you have a skype? Send me personal message if you dont mind


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#19 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Just make a my new records against Journey to Anduin. 83 point. Can be 73 but was unlucky. Hill troll not a problem at all.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#20 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

    Member

  • Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

When I read your posts, the voice in my head shifts between Eastern European to Scandinavian and back again.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS