Okay, i'll start with links to bgg again
Great to hear you started painting. Some of our beginners-experience:
And the session report for number 4:
The second report is not yet up, i lost on replay, but is was a close fight, with a lucky turn for Stark, having Robb attack my stalwart cav, rolling 3 blue, pursue to attack Adam, and rolling 4 blue to capture him. Quite unlikely, but i still gave him a hard time winning that one. My thoughts on scenario 4 are:
- Dont care too much who dies. Its all about the tokens, really, and you cant get routed.
- The right flank ist the most fragile one, from my experience so far.
- Rickard and Robb will get a marker anyway, dont bother to try preventing them from snatching one. They are too fast and near unkillable.
- Tempt your opponent into wasting time. Like setting your archers on the hills, he will likely attack. And the next turn, attack again, instead of moving towards the objectives. Even if they all die, if Stark loses one round, ist worth it.
- The red units can sit on the points, sometimes, but with the light green ones, use their speed to rush into any oncoming northmen. If the fight, they loose time, if they march on, they take parting blows, and are that much easier to kill for Gregor
- Dont be afraid to fight uphill with your red units. Loosing one attack die is okay, because if Stark rolls morale, he wont be able to advance onto the points.
- Check which opposing units could reach markers, and focus on them. Dont kill weakened enemies with priority, but engage those within range of a marker.
- When attacking one unit with two of your own, place the engagement token with the one attacking from the side. Star will most likely attack the engaged one, to avoid getting a parting blow. If he kills them or drives them back with morale results, northmen can advance. its better for you if they advance to the side, not towards the markers.
- Dont forget to use Gregors commit ability when killing a unit. The morale might come in handy later on.
- If Stark has enough markers, or seems to be getting them anyway, check your chances for getting his morale low. If you have been focused on engaging and blocking, he will have killed most of your soft targets (green and blue units) and you will have regained some of the morale due to the morale build-up phase and round ends. If youstart killing units in round 4, there is a decent chance to drop his morale. he has some red units, too, which are easier to kill then your own ones, and you can finish off all the blue guys. Stark will have less godd targets then you. Maybe you can get his morale low enough. Its not easy, but dont give up if the markers seem lost!
Thats what i remember at the moment, feel free to ask questions and i am curios to hear about your session!