Photo

Will FFG put out rules for turrents, gun enplacments?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I know at Gen Con, FFG had a demo xwing game that took place on the surface of the death star. The rebels had to take out a number of gun turents on the death star to clear a path to make the trench run. They had the table set up like the death star surface and had turrents on them.

Will FFG put out rules for the turrents? How about a death star surface expansion with what they had at Gen Con for a play area with the turrents?

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Not sure if FFG will be doing this.  But come over to AFM.  Some people have posted cards that you can print out with the stats for the turrets.  Check them out.

afewmaneuvers.yuku.com

Roy

#3 fiddybucks

fiddybucks

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

lol I was like Wtf is a turrent… so I googled it, and came upon Turrent: A larger structure serving the same purpose as a turret, compared to the stand-alone gun, turret.

Commonly used outside the US where proper English DOES exist. It should be added to an English dictionary, if it has not been already. Turret is instead used as being part of a tower or building.

It might also relate to a more automatic and continuously firing weapon.

Regardless of the differences, it is sometimes used interchangeably with turret and found in both forms in video games.
The missile turrent was a base defence while the naval boats had turrets as their means of combat.

you learn something new everyday.

#4 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Your Google result sent you to Urban Dictionary. "Turrent" isn't a proper word; it's a misspelling or mispronunciation.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#5 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

fiddybucks said:

Commonly used outside the US where proper English DOES exist. It should be added to an English dictionary, if it has not been already.

Hahahaha! Im from London, where we tend to use 'proper English' and there is no such word!

Love that you accept that it isnt in the dictionary, but still say its a word!

I'll keep using turret, thanks. schtilk that in your pijpe and smonke it! :P

#6 fiddybucks

fiddybucks

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

wow i got trolled =( i shoulda known when google asked if I meant torrent…

#7 ArcticSnake

ArcticSnake

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I heard from a guy who knows a guy that wave three would have the TIE bomber, the B-Wing, the Tall Turret and the Small Turret and each has its own box.

Battlescribe X-Wing Miniatures Data file links:
Index.bsi file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.bsi
Index.xml file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.xml

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS