Lucius-pattern?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Getting a Death Korps campaign going, and I think it would be appropriate to use the Lucius-patter lasgun and shotguns that the Korpsmen carry. Now correct me if I am wrong but I think fluff says the lasgun is more powerful and this the charge pack is expended after 25 shots. And the shotgun fires 8 rounds out of a revolving cylinder. Easy enough, shotgun anyway.

How about the lasgun, how would you stat that out? I'm thinking to just keep it set on the overcharge setting and limiting the ammo.

So: 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+4 E; Pen 0; 25 clip; Full rld; Reliable; 4kg; Common

The Shotgun would just follow the standard shotgun rules…perhaps a combat shotgun with a lower ammo capacity?

#2 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Russian said:

Getting a Death Korps campaign going, and I think it would be appropriate to use the Lucius-patter lasgun and shotguns that the Korpsmen carry. Now correct me if I am wrong but I think fluff says the lasgun is more powerful and this the charge pack is expended after 25 shots. And the shotgun fires 8 rounds out of a revolving cylinder. Easy enough, shotgun anyway.

How about the lasgun, how would you stat that out? I'm thinking to just keep it set on the overcharge setting and limiting the ammo.

So: 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+4 E; Pen 0; 25 clip; Full rld; Reliable; 4kg; Common

The Shotgun would just follow the standard shotgun rules…perhaps a combat shotgun with a lower ammo capacity?

If memory serves, the Lucius-pattern is meant to be slower-firing than more common patterns - the higher-powered shot means the barrel heats up faster, so the rate of fire is limited to prevent the weapon misfiring due to overheating.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#3 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Understandable. So S/2/- or likely S/-/- would be more appropriate, I'd guess.

#4 CaptainTrek

CaptainTrek

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'd say S/2/- would be reasonable.

#5 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

So that's a pretty solid standard weapon, perhaps not quite as good as the M36 (same damage on overcharge, faster firing, and more ammo)… possibly balance that out with a range bonus or perhaps a trait… perhaps an upgrade? Accurate, home materials, or reinforced?

#6 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

According to…Imperial Armor 3 I think, it's actually described as being single-shot. So S/-/- would be best.

Lucius Pattern/No. 98 Lasgun; Basic, 120m, S/-/-, 1d10+4E, Pen 1, Clip 25; Reliable, 4kg; Common

#7 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Very nice! I haven't been able to read the IAs. Many thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS