Exciting storage solution(Kickstarter)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lukez

Lukez

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

I know this game is still a little while off but so are the results of this kickstarter. 'The keep' : javascript:void(0);/*1349110835294*/  , more specifically the magic chamber component offers a really nice solution for lcg/card game storage. Each magic chamber is $25 and can hold ~600 sleeved cards, it also has adjustable rigid dividers.

#2 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

$25 for a card box seems excessive when there are products like the Ultra Pro Gaming Case already on the market which holds at least as many sleeved cards, rulebooks, tokens, etc. not to mention $3 card board boxes which will do the same thing.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#3 Lukez

Lukez

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

It certainly is premium storage. I, personally am mostly interested in it for the adjustable plastic dividers as cards sliding around/leaning is a big pet peeve of mine and this option still allows me to increase the size of each section as necessary(i.e. get more cards ;)), where as other DIY solutions generally provide secure storage or expandibility(not both). It's also one of the best options I've seen for keeping cards organized as opposed to simply stored.

Anyway just thought I'd spread the word around for those interested :)

#4 Natesroom

Natesroom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

I agree, I've already backed it at 125 because i collect AGOT, Thunderstone, Dominion, Netrunner and now this star wars LCG

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

I know it's early in the going, but I'm very curious about upcoming solutions with regard to miniatures, as are hinted at in the video. Especially X-Wing, because this is a game that I imagine will result in a lot of unexpected encounters at LGS outings, and I want a way of transporting my ships, dials, etc. safely, without them compromising storage for my other, more reliably playable games like Dominion, AGoT LCG, etc.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#6 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

MarthWMaster said:

I know it's early in the going, but I'm very curious about upcoming solutions with regard to miniatures, as are hinted at in the video. Especially X-Wing, because this is a game that I imagine will result in a lot of unexpected encounters at LGS outings, and I want a way of transporting my ships, dials, etc. safely, without them compromising storage for my other, more reliably playable games like Dominion, AGoT LCG, etc.

If you use one of those $3 cardboard boxes mentioned above, you can easily fit all your X-Wing minis.  I forget how many cards it holds (3500 or 5000), but I bought one for $5 from a game store; it's 4 rows, and the clamshells that the ships come in, fit perfectly inside.  So with the 3-pack of ships from 2 Core Sets, plus 2 of each expansion, there is still room for like 3-5 more single ship clamshells, and then when those are filled in, you can do it all over again in the same box, because the rows are tall enough to fit two layers of ships.

That $5 box will pretty much cover me for all my X-Wing needs.  When the Falcon/Slave I comes out, I'll need to reorganize a little, as I'm guessing those larger ships will fit easily sideways.

So all my ships are in that box, and I have all the tokens and stuff from two Core Sets combined into one Core Set box.

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

@cleardave: Could you please link me to the product you are describing?

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#8 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

MarthWMaster said:

@cleardave: Could you please link me to the product you are describing?

I think this is what he's talking about:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?fpid=Acc-BCWCS3200ct

#9 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

I think this is what he's talking about:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?fpid=Acc-BCWCS3200ct

[/QUOTE]

That looks about right.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS