Photo

Some questions about the gameplay and rules…

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Simon_86

Simon_86

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yesterday I played with my friends… we have some questions:

An Investigator returns to Arkham after exploring an Other World and he try to close the Gate. If there is a monster on this location he doesn't have to fight the monster in this turn.
The Investigator fail to close the Gate.
1) The next turn he must fight the monster! If the investigator escape or defeat the monster in the next turn, can he try to close the Gate in the same turn? Or he must wait another turn to close the Gate?
2) If the monster should move in the maintenance phase, but on the same location there is obviously the investigator, the monster moves or stay to fight against investigator before he try to close the Gate?

3) If any investigator ends its movement on a location with a monster and he evade or defeat the monster, can have a normal encounter on the location?

Sorry for my bad english… I hope my questions are understandable!
Thanks in advance,
Simone

#2 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

1) Fighting/evading are done during the movement phase and gate closing during the Arkham encounter phase. So if you successfully defeat or evade a monster you are allowed to close the gate (or at least try) in the same turn.

2) Monsters do not move away if in the same space as an investigator.

3) Same as question 1: Encounters are separate from fighting. So you can defeat a monster and then have an encounter in the same location.

#3 Simon_86

Simon_86

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Thank you very much! I understand all now! :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS