Rebirth of Isha

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheHeavenlyLily

TheHeavenlyLily

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

A basic layout of a game I will want to run some day….

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QSleegv1Mif_ET2UZIREcsuwbVFD5rEYE7_-blJMIko/edit

• Grand Trader Chode likes this

#2 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I actually like this Endeavor.  Great concept.  I do this as a more long term one though, lasting many months or a few years, and which could be secretly intertwined in other Endeavors.  Like a course of fate, that the PC's don't know they are traveling on.  ;)

Edit:  For some reason my Emotes have been disable.  :(  Probably a good thing, because I've noticed I tend to over use them.  :D

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#3 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Albator!! and is Silvid princess!

#4 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

So, I needs to understand. Effectively, the Human crew of a RT ship find  a beleagured, lone survivor, an Eldar woman, aboard a wrecked Eldar craft, and it happens to be a Shard of Isha, slowly regenerating into her original form and power. Once she joins the crew, life aboard improves, but enemies abound, and various Chaos forces seek to capture her. I assume most DE, hating Eldar, and their psykers, especially, could also prove to be enemies. For whatever reason, however, even when they encounter Eldar craft, she elects to remain away from her own people?

Am I getting the gist of it all? Overall, it sounds rather awesome, and I rather like the idea, but I am not sure why Humans found her, and she stays with them, when there should be so many people on board who might want to shun or kill the heretical xenos, while the Eldar, somehow not seeing this coming, remain trying to reclaim her, but unable to pull it off. Still, if all goes well, it could help a crew make lasting peace with the Eldar, and if her "regeneration" somehow hinges on remaining at large, rather than ensconced in some dusty Craftworld, it might explain why the Eldar don't just come steal her from the silly Monkeigh.

Not the first idea I've seen that I would just want to rip off, and use in a game I might run, but very cool, and an idea that could have lots of promise.

#5 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

At least one of the crew on this Human RT ship is a Dark Eldar. So there is that.

#6 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Well there could be a corrupted Eldar somewhere working for nurgle in a way.

Isha is aware and believes or knows that this ship is the only one out f the Eldar plans that can ultimately alter the futur…

#7 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

venkelos said:

not sure why Humans found her, and she stays with them, when there should be so many people on board who might want to shun or kill the heretical xenos,

I can see options here.  Fate would have it.    The PC's are the story of the game, so it just so happens fate guided them to this spot.  And maybe the Shard of Isha knew what awaited her and her people on the skeleton crewed Eldar ship, and choose this course anyways knowing that a far greater reward lasted in the fated hands of the PC's.    Maybe she knows the PC's hold the fate to restore balance to her and PC's race, and all she has to do is ride the storm until the end.

venkelos said:

while the Eldar, somehow not seeing this coming, remain trying to reclaim her, but unable to pull it off. Still, if all goes well, it could help a crew make lasting peace with the Eldar, and if her "regeneration" somehow hinges on remaining at large, rather than ensconced in some dusty Craftworld, it might explain why the Eldar don't just come steal her from the silly Monkeigh.

Awesome possibility.  Another option is that only a rare few powerful Farseers see this possible outcome of a long lasting peace, and even then it is only a slim chance, especially with trusting it to the Monkeigh.  Maybe half of the Eldars want The Shard if Isha to be with her people, while the other half were convinced by the Shard of Isha and those few powerful Farseers to let fate run its course.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#8 TheHeavenlyLily

TheHeavenlyLily

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thank you for such interest! I was going for the whole angle that PCs are destined to help the Eldar race in this way. Isha saw that this was the course that would allow her to develop the quickest and in the most safety. Around such a psychic race her own powers would increase before she could get use to them and her presence would burn like a beacon. Surrounded by those with relatively minimal ability she would be able to develop more naturally and under control to hide her presence for as long as she was able to do so.

In the older fluff the Eldar and Dark Eldar would work together. If someone did something that effected the entire race the Eldar would turn over those who survived into the clutches of the Dark Eldar. And they generally helped each other out. Outright hatred and war was uncommon then since they were still Eldar.

#9 Arnstinium

Arnstinium

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Working with Isha is a very interesting concept.  Bravo to you for the creativity and originality of this endeavor. 

Sanity is for the Weak!

Blessed not is the mind too small for doubt. Blessed is the mind capable of doubt and to have his faith reaffirmed.

#10 TheHeavenlyLily

TheHeavenlyLily

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Now that I am planning to run another Rogue Trader game on Roll20.net I am glad I was just looking through this forum and found my old thread! Woo now I have more idea's!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS