Photo

When do you expect wave 2 to be released?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 fiddybucks

fiddybucks

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I really did not get into X-wing before it was released. Really excited for wave 2, seeing the Online stores taking pre-orders has me wondering when the new ships will ship. I would guess November but I am hoping for an October release =)

Anyone know when the expected release date is?

#2 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

They wanted to ship it late september originally, but that clearly didn't work out lol. They have already shown us the models, and announced they're releasing them "later in the fourth quarter" so I'm going to assume November as well, there is no real release date for them as of yet, they just brought them to their convention thing, So I would honestly be surprised if it was later than Early / Mid November

#3 MerryVulture

MerryVulture

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

The owner of my FLGS is guessing, based on his experiences with FF, Feb 2013.

Hope hes is wrong. So does he.

Rebel: More than most, less than some.

Empire: Ditto

#4 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

For us in the UK, some point before xmas.

#5 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm glad wave 2 did not ship so soon after base game came out. Would have been too much at once IMO.

When will FFG start showing wave 3?

#6 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

Ken on Cape said:

When will FFG start showing wave 3?

I would imagine after wave 2 is out on shelves and selling.  In a way, I'm glad we know nothing concrete about Wave 3.  Like, I'm all hyped that the Millenium Falcon is coming, which basically sold me on the game, but if I knew what else was coming out AFTER that, I'd be either overwhelmed with excitement, or have the bubble burst if I thought Wave 3 was lame.

As it happens, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this first wave, and Wave 2 will be a huge shot of newness and customization.  Wave 3 will do that again, assuming I'm as stoked for the content.

We all basically agree that it's a TIE Bomber, a B-Wing and two mystery ships.  Please don't let the mystery ships suck…

#7 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

No matter when it is released, I'll be getting it.

#8 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

I would say Late October early November for wave 2.

#9 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

I was honestly expecting early/mid December and 'praying they don't alter it any further…'

#10 bullyboy

bullyboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

I'm actually fine with a delay on wave 2. yes, I want a Millenium Falcon, but I'm happy recreating battles of Ep IV and V right now and in no rush to get to Ep VI. I'd prefer to wait for the A wings and TIE interceptors and keep using my exisiting craft. The Slave 1 is a tough one for me. It has always been one of my favourite ships, but where does it fit in the current scheme of the game? I really hope we start seeing some more player provided scenarios to expand the fun of the game as I feel this will be critical for player retention. I'm happy lining up ships and having at it willy-nilly, but that will get old pretty soon (but fun to learn the ins and outs of game).

#11 fiddybucks

fiddybucks

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Looks like a November release date =)

#12 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

It hasn't shipped and it's status was only upgraded from development to printing this past week.  December would be the earliest and I'd say January is the most likely.  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#13 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Baphomet69 said:

I was honestly expecting early/mid December and 'praying they don't alter it any further…'

That's pretty much what I'm guessing, too.

#14 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

IG-58 said:

Baphomet69 said:

That's pretty much what I'm guessing, too.

Fantasy Flight ad in the new issue of SW Insider says November.  Hoping they manage to hit that date!

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#15 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

My FLGS received flyers from FFG last week that said late Nov/Early Dec.  I'll see if I can get them to send me some pics so I can post them.

Roy

#16 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

I remember when the game was supposed to be on the shelves 1Q2012.  Don't have much faith in tentative release dates.  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#17 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

FFG just updated the release of these to December 2012!  This will be my xmas present this year.

#18 Soulfly626

Soulfly626

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

chrisrivers said:

FFG just updated the release of these to December 2012!  This will be my xmas present this year.

Nice!!! did you pre-order??

#19 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

My local game store is expecting them around the same time (Late Nov, Early Dec). Hopefully getting one of the big ships as an X-Mas gift… I myself would like a flight of TIE interceptors and  maybe a pair of A-Wings. Not much use for the Slave I unless it offers some gameplay gimmick I feel I need… or just want to complete my set.

It's also a 20% off discount on preorders at these local game stores :) Might preorder several ships if my paycheck comes in early enough.

#20 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yup!, one of both of the big ships, 3 each of the A-wing and TIE interceptor

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS