Gears of war just brought

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goonyman

Goonyman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hi people im new to this so please can someone help , It goes like this Ive got all the video games 1,2,3 but there is only so much bashing of the Xbox you can do lol. So I went out and brought The board game £50 .It looks great ,problem is trying to read the instructions and its not very straight forward could someone do a set up vid for 2 players showing how to play and set up of cards on the Emergence please So i can get the idea please im new to board game strategy and i would so like to get into it and Be a geek there are so many ways to play a Board game unlike a video game where theres most of the time a set path to do things .I havnt even played it yet set out pieces to a certain extent then get stuck if anyone that will leave some sensible reply or vid for me to link to I would be very grateful .Want to get the old grey cells working again and not be sitting at a bloody screen shooting stuff

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

BlackBeltGaming has done a youtube series on both Emergence and China Shop:

www.youtube.com/playlist

And Ricky Royal is currently doing Roablocks:

www.youtube.com/playlist

Those videos should get you well on your way.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Goonyman

Goonyman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hi ive looked on there still none the wiser he dont say what card he is picking up or anything it would be better for them to show you a couple of turns the actual gameplay how you read cards and such :-)

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Have you tried just following the setup on page 5 step by step? For me, pages 5, 9 and 10 are pretty much all you need for the basic structure of the game, rest is just reading cards, moving figs and rolling dice.

• Xavant likes this

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Lyus Ma

Lyus Ma

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's been over a year, how's the game holding up for you?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS