Preordering 2nd wave ships

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Drakson

Drakson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I am perordering 1 millenium falcon, 2 A wings, 2 TIE Interceptors and at least 1 Slave 1. However even though the Slave 1 reminds me of a flying Mr. Potato Head it is my favorite ship. I am thinking of ordering 2 but do not know point value and wonder if 2 of the larger ships would ever be needed. How many ships are you astromechs ordering? Just wondering, and what are you favorite ships. The Millennium Falcon I love but the flying Mr. Potato Head is just such a weird looking ship it makes me want 2 of them although I was going to order 3 and tamed that idea.

#2 winters_night

winters_night

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Might want to wait as they bear the names Millenium Falcon and Slave 1 instead of YT-1300 and Firespray-31 I imagine they will be unique

#3 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

winters_night is right, before ordering anymore Slave 1 and Milenium falcon, make sure they aren't going to be unique ships (I'm predicting they will be because of their names and the fact they ARE unique ships, even if other copies / varients exist ) Also their point cost will doubtfully make using more than one a good idea in tournaments, they look extremely upgrade heavy, so using one at a time is probably best anyway. I'm sure the slave 1 itself can add up to 50+ points on it's own utilyzing full upgrades, and even if you used 2 with max upgrades, I'm sure a team of 4 X wings could easily just target them down and annihilate them.

TL:DR, only buy one.

#4 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Looking at the preview pics, I noticed (and have mentioned on another thread somewhere) that there is only one set of number tags for the Falcon, suggesting that it is indeed unique and could lead to a portion of the new rules mentioned on the preview.  Interestingly though Slave 1 has two set of numbers, but I would still only preorder one, just in case (unless you get it and send it to me for xmas, that would be nice).

#5 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, I'm going with one Falcon and one Slave I, but will probably get three A-Wings and at least two TIE interceptors when the preorders come up here. The uniqueness of the Falcon and Slave I, insofar as we only see one YT-1300 and one Firespray-31 in the movies, is leading me to this! That, and the fact Q4 is looking like it'll bankrupt me with all the new game releases…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Actually, the medium ships come with multiple pilots, so if you could afford the points, you could run multiples (I wouldn't, but you could). There was also just a single TIE Advanced in the movies, but you can run multiples of those as well.

I'm pre-ordering 1 Falcon, 1 Save 1, 3 A-Wings and 6 Interceptors. I've a feeling I'll be adding 3 more Interceptors later. My favorite ship, I love it!

#7 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Nalydd said:

Looking at the preview pics, I noticed (and have mentioned on another thread somewhere) that there is only one set of number tags for the Falcon, suggesting that it is indeed unique and could lead to a portion of the new rules mentioned on the preview.  Interestingly though Slave 1 has two set of numbers, but I would still only preorder one, just in case (unless you get it and send it to me for xmas, that would be nice).

Yeah you may have a point on the millenium falcon, the weird part though is that it comes with 3. You can only put 2 on a ship at a time, so I mean unless it's just for incase you lose it perhaps?

The Slave 1 also has two tags, but so does the A-wing, that's a good point. Both ships are very rare ships not in production anymore, and those ones seem to be the last of its kind. So I do hope they are restricted to one per team.

#8 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

The idea behind three of the same number tag is that you put one one the front of the stand, one on the back, and one on the ship card. I've received three of all of them so far…

#9 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Baphomet69 said:

The idea behind three of the same number tag is that you put one one the front of the stand, one on the back, and one on the ship card. I've received three of all of them so far…

Ah didn't realize some were putting it on their card too. Maybe the slave 1 WILL be a non unique ship, which would be REALLY weird… I'd sadly have to buy another lol

#10 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

I will be ordering one Millennium Falcon, one Slave-I, and two each A-Wing and TIE Interceptor. That will probably be my sum total for the release - unless I add another Interceptor or two later. Maybe.

BEFORE I do this, though, I will be ordering a second Starter, a second Y-Wing and likely another X-Wing (for a total of four). I want decent numbers, but I'm not buying swarms of anything. That will also give me five TIEs, which is plenty for now.

#11 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

It mentioned something in the news release about the new ships that there would be rules for unique starfighters, so that's a pretty good indication to me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS