Which quest next for solo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oneshot

Oneshot

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

So I'm still fairly new to LOTR LCG but love it.  I play almost exclusively solo and don't find the quest difficulty scales well for certain quests.  I was wondering what quest I should try next based on solo difficulty. Currently, I have all of mirkwood cycle except CatC and RtM, one core set and KD.  Thanks

#2 renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

whatever u do get avoid return to mirkwood.  its the worst for solo as the theat generation and screwing of who guards gollum makes solo unenjoyable as ur always getting pounded by the most devastating treachery in the game. 

#3 Oneshot

Oneshot

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

lol good to know.  Does it have any good cards though? Aside from the rough solo quest?  I'm realizing that some of the next cycle helps with resource gen.  So far that seems to be the slow down in my deck.  I'm using Bilbo for draw and feel like the cards I get I can use but am horrible on resources.  Running Lore/Spirit/Leader.  I think the next quest I'll try is Emyn Muil.  Seems pretty straight fwd if I use a lot of spirit allys to burn through locations.

#4 renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

i just looked through 6 decks im playing and i barely saw any mirkwood cards in any of them.  so i couldnt say that it was that good for me.  someone might be able to say its better for them and that there were good cards but i wasnt that impressed really.  all of the dwarven themed stuffed like the hobbit, dwarrowdwelf, and khazud-dum have outshown mirkwood in my eyes. 

the hero for RtM dain ironfoot is spectacular though.  he makes a straight dwarf deck practical if not top tier.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

yes dain is pretty much a key dwarf hero and is worth getting the pack just for him

emyn muil is far too easy and gets old quick, especially with spirit- its basically just travel+quest until you win or die through treachery cards

maybe go for the first pack in the dwarrowdelf cycle- its nice and not too hard, also dwarrowdelf has some amazing cards

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS