Footfall Setting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jarsen

jarsen

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Where's the best place for finding information on Footfall? My players seem quite interested in the activities at Footfall, so I've been trying to gather up as much information about it as I can.

So far I've found the Eye of the Needle which starts in Footfall with the 7 Witches. I've also found out about the Kasbillica Mission in the Vaults of the Forgotten in the Edge of the Abyss

Where else can I look for more information on Footfall? I'd just like to draw upon existing literature as much as possible before I start inventing factions and things.

#2 Plynkes

Plynkes

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Lure of the Expanse is about it, really. Nothing else compares to the info there. Hostile Acquisitions has about a page worth of info in it's "Law and Order in the Koronus Expanse" section, but I'm really struggling to think of any other source, beyond the meagre amount in the core rulebook.

If you want more I think you'll have to make it up yourself, or hope that the recently-announced upcoming book has something.

#3 jarsen

jarsen

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Darn. I was really hoping there would be something as in depth about footfall as there is about port wander in battlefleet koronus.

Hmm. Well I guess I'll just start making some stuff up. Maybe I'll share it later to get your guys' thoughts. Or feel free to share anything with me you've invented.

#4 Vibius

Vibius

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

If I may, perhaps a change of focus is in order? This is Footfall we're talking about, a disctinctly unlovely cross between Tortuga, Mogadishu, and a feudal domain, all crossed with a hotel full of Cold War spies and informants. In such a place, finding information will not be difficult - every smuggler, slaver, mercenary, prostitute, heretek, wyrd, and spy will be delighted to share information in exchange for a couple of Thrones (or more).

Instead, assessing the reliability of the source and the quality of his or her information will be crucial. After all, it's entirely possible that the Explorers' "trusted informant" is simply peddling unsubstantiated rumours or fairy tales to make a quick Throne - or, worse, he might be treating the Explorers as designated mushrooms for ends they probably won't like.

#5 jarsen

jarsen

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hmm. it looks like the Epoch Koronus has a little more Footfall history in it as well. 

#6 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Vibius said:

If I may, perhaps a change of focus is in order? This is Footfall we're talking about, a disctinctly unlovely cross between Tortuga, Mogadishu, and a feudal domain, all crossed with a hotel full of Cold War spies and informants. In such a place, finding information will not be difficult - every smuggler, slaver, mercenary, prostitute, heretek, wyrd, and spy will be delighted to share information in exchange for a couple of Thrones (or more).

Instead, assessing the reliability of the source and the quality of his or her information will be crucial. After all, it's entirely possible that the Explorers' "trusted informant" is simply peddling unsubstantiated rumours or fairy tales to make a quick Throne - or, worse, he might be treating the Explorers as designated mushrooms for ends they probably won't like.

+1.  I love this idea.  I wish I would of grasped how easy it would of been to use on Footfall a year ago.  Ohh well, there is all ways the next group of players.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#7 jarsen

jarsen

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Vibius said:

I don't think I quite get your response… maybe you thought I was asking where my PCs can find information while staying in Footfall? Sorry, English is ambiguous. I'm actually asking where I as a GM can find more information on Footfall so I can make it come alive, e.g. what districts are there, what factions exist, etc. However, I really do like what you're saying—I like the idea of my players having to try and discern the intentions of everyone they're working with there.

#8 Géza!

Géza!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

jarsen said:

Vibius said:

I don't think I quite get your response… maybe you thought I was asking where my PCs can find information while staying in Footfall? Sorry, English is ambiguous. I'm actually asking where I as a GM can find more information on Footfall so I can make it come alive, e.g. what districts are there, what factions exist, etc. However, I really do like what you're saying—I like the idea of my players having to try and discern the intentions of everyone they're working with there.

My impressions from the fluff were that Footfall is an ever-changing place, which never stays the same, and thus meticulously describing territories and locations would be somewhat pointless, as they change hands and function between different factions all the time.

#9 jarsen

jarsen

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Géza! said:

Vibius said:

My impressions from the fluff were that Footfall is an ever-changing place, which never stays the same, and thus meticulously describing territories and locations would be somewhat pointless, as they change hands and function between different factions all the time.

Fair enough. However, it doesn't hurt to have some pre-written fluff to make GMing easier. ;) Just cause something is constantly changing doesn't mean you can't have fluff on current(ish) factions, or a map of the place at a certain point in time.

#10 Vandegraffe

Vandegraffe

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

There is one big official write-up on Footfall, and it is in Lure of the Expanse.  (It's about as extensive as the Port Wander write-up in BFK.)  That's it, mate.  There's really not that much elsewhere.

Cheers,

- V.   

#11 lurkeroutthere

lurkeroutthere

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

jarsen said:

Géza! said:

Vibius said:

Fair enough. However, it doesn't hurt to have some pre-written fluff to make GMing easier. ;) Just cause something is constantly changing doesn't mean you can't have fluff on current(ish) factions, or a map of the place at a certain point in time.

Just to hit what others have said, Lure of the Expanse does have a fairly good amount on footfall and is worth picking up besides.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS