FFG Tournament Organizer Support Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Do any of you know if FFG currently has any sort of Tournament Organizer support?  I know that they will be offering Game Night Kits as prize support.  But do they have software available for tournament organizers to run their tournaments?  Do they have tournament registration forms?  Do tournament organizers need to report their tournaments to FFG once they conclude?  And does FFG have player database so that players can see how they rank against other players in their area, nationally, or worldwide?   I know that this game is new, but I was wondering if this is something that they do with other games.

Roy

#2 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Not that I know of yet.

#3 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

drkjedi35 said:

1) Do any of you know if FFG currently has any sort of Tournament Organizer support? 

2) I know that they will be offering Game Night Kits as prize support.  But do they have software available for tournament organizers to run their tournaments?  Do they have tournament registration forms? 

3) Do tournament organizers need to report their tournaments to FFG once they conclude? 

4) And does FFG have player database so that players can see how they rank against other players in their area, nationally, or worldwide?   I know that this game is new, but I was wondering if this is something that they do with other games.

Roy

The following is deduced from experience with their other lines that use game night kits:

1) Nope. Not anymore. Other than being able to buy game night kits, there really is no support.

2) Nope and nope.

3) Nope.

4) Nope.

I am sure you see the trend. This may of course change in the future. After playing one of their LCG since inception, they have done a lot of promises for certain types of support and all I have seen is support being pulled back in general.

#4 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

So it looks like we are left to our own devices.  Thanks for the quick responses. 

Roy

#5 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

A good program I like to use for swiss rounds in games is Mantis, but I doubt it would be swiss rounds in Star wars, more likely just Single Elimination. When I do take sign ups for tournaments, I want to put all the imperials to the right side, and rebels to the left, so the final round has a higher possibility of a rebel vs empire >:D

#6 Spork

Spork

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

There are already rules for running a tournament under the support/documentation tab.

I talked to a few of the FFG guys at the Alliance open house last weekend, and they said they were looking at January for OP support.

(Also go to see the new ships (no stats). They looked awesome.)

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

There's no reason you couldn't make your own local league and prize support.  Track everyone's standings over a couple of months and use that to determine your finals.  The prize could be as simple as charging a nominal entry fee, like $5-$10, and the prize is the pot of entry fees, split 3 ways between the top winners in a 50/30/20 split, or something like that.

It'll certainly take a lot of work to entice people to compete.  Maybe get the store on board to help promote it, and make the prize be a store credit or something.

#8 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

You make me think of coding a little international leaderboard website, with ELO rankings and player-initiated match submittal … but I don't have time for that

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS