Preventing Divinations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Regis Eisen

Regis Eisen

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I asked this in the Rogue Trader Forums (cause that's where are game has gone), but… I'm part of a group that's running around in the expanse, and numerous factions in game (including ours) has use of the divination discipline and the augury/divining the future/scrying type stuff that is available. Are there in game methods to mess with other's divinations? I've tried to find something on the forums, but haven't, and I wasn't sure what was in the fluff. I know blanks can work, but I question their effectiveness in preventing divinations as they still act on the future. Help is appreciated, and everything, from the Holy to the Xenos to Sorcery is on the table.

I'm playing an Ordo Hereticus Psyker Interrogator (long, but fun story) who's out in the Expanse working with a RT and his crew. With Eldar factions and Chaos sorcerers, we all have our methods to figure out where stuff that we want is, even though the results are different.

Our DM does a good job of making sure that the divinations aren't freebe info, and they are always cryptic and could be different, since everything is at the time of the divination, not anything else. Its been interesting, but I want to do what I can to disrupt others from checking on us.

Thanks

#2 DJSunhammer

DJSunhammer

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think that kind of thing would be entirely up to the GM. If you wanted a standardized version use rules that are based on the Psychic Hood special rules. Those involve preventing the psychic powers of others and are the most similar to what you are asking for. It would require a good deal of modification though, since the psychic hood only affects enemies in the immediate area. You will have to do some rewrites the Hood rules into something that "shields" your characters from eyes in the warp, so to speak. In this case I would make it something your psyker is forced to maintain for it to be effective.

You could also create a ritual that has the same effect. Maybe like erecting a temporary bulwark in the warp that is strongest when it's new, then gets weaker as time goes on unless you do another ritual to reinforce it. I suggest that the ritual isn't cheap though, finding the materials and the correct place and timing should be something significant for the group as a whole, not just one character.

#3 Louisp

Louisp

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Doesn't tzeentch have some fate and scry blocking abilities, being the master of fates and puppet master type theme.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS