No Eomir?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nyarlathotep5150

Nyarlathotep5150

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Anyone else find it ind of silly that they've produced multiple versions of some heroes, while certain characters haven't even made an appearance? Most notably to me Eomir and Theodan. I mean, they made a Frodo card and he hasn't even started his adventure in the timeline of the game.

#2 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Probably they come up with the next expansion Heirs of Numenor or in the AP's that follow, since it will center itself in the Gondor realm (which as in it's original territory Rohan).

But they are not obliged to just follow the characters from Hobbit an Lord of the Rings. They have many more characters to create following the other books and woork of Tolkien.

And they can also create some characters from scratch: look at Beravor, Eleanor or Thalin.

You don't have yet Galadriel, Celeborn, Merry, Pippin and Sam.

There are some characters from the Hobbit still missing. At the top of my memory Ballin and Oin.

They all will come up eventually.

Carlos José Matos

#3 Nyarlathotep5150

Nyarlathotep5150

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

I totally agree with that. Though I was originally working on the assumption that the Hobbits and Theodan would not appear because of the position of those characters during the timeframe of the game (but then, there is Frodo, so who knows). And Galadriel is another of the characters I noticed missing.

But the reason I brought it up is, they've done some "reprints" of characters (Aragorn, Glorfindel), while notable characters have yet to appear. And while the diversity between those reprints is an interesting addition, they are still unique by name. Since there aren't a whole lot of heroes out yet, it seems strange to do that.

Also, I'm hoping to not have to wait till the "Two Towers" saga expansion to get the rest of my Rohirrim.

#4 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

It kind of makes sense for Aragorn (who has a dual identity as Strider and, well, Aragorn); it also makes sense for Glorfindel (who died and was reincarnated by the Valar). And Bilbo was definitely a different person when he was younger versus when he was older. I think the same might be said of all the hobbits.

Otherwise we don't get to see much in the way of character development in Lord of the Rings / Hobbit. Arwen remains Arwen, Eowyn gets a little development, and Galadriel's development was in The Silmarillion.

… I want Ents. (non sequitar)

#5 Nyarlathotep5150

Nyarlathotep5150

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

I actually think that Aragorn as a leadership character didn't really make sense as he doesn't start displaying his kingly side until Anduril is forged and the cardgame is supposed to take place before Frodo leaves the Shire. The lore version makes sense to me (and maybe a tactics version). But I wasn't really complaining that they did it. Its actually a good idea. Just commenting on the fact that they did it so early. When there isn't a whole lot of variety of heroes in the game yet.

Certainly many of the characters could hold multiple versions. Most of the Hobbits should start out Spirit, but become something else (Lore for Bilbo, Tactics for Merry and Pippin… Actually, Sam and Frodo should just be spirit), and you could argue a Lore version of Legolas since he seemed to know something about everything. I'd love to see all that. I would just like to see a good variety of different heroes before they get too heavily into that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS