Vassal Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

So, I've downloaded the module for X-Wing on Vassal…but I can't figure out how to load the expansions, once downloaded. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#2 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Open Vassal, then click 'open module', then navigate to the location of your module (a folder called 'Vassal Modules' is a good idea) and select it. Once that's done, Vassal will remember the path for next time and you'll see X-Wing in the 'module library' window straight away. 

Oh, oops, you're talking about expansions…

In the same folder where your X-Wing module is, make a folder with the exact same name as the X-Wing module, followed by "_ext" (without the '.vmod' part). Vassal may already have made this folder for you, I don't remember if it does that. Then, put your expansions in there.

After that, the name of your module in the module library window should have an arrow next to it. Click it, and the names of the expansions appear below. Right click on each, and select 'activate'. In this way, you can choose which expansions you want to use.

Hope that helps!

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#3 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

There is an easier way, now that Vassal has a friendly user interface.

When you open Vassal, you'll see a list of all your mods. Right click on the X-wing mod and select "Add Extension." A window will pop up for you to navigate to the location where you saved your extension files. Click OK when you've selected one of the files and the program will automatically make the appropriate extension folder in the proper location and move the extension you selected to that new folder. Pretty swell.

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Ah, that must be new! I really need to update…

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#5 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Parakitor said:

There is an easier way, now that Vassal has a friendly user interface.

When you open Vassal, you'll see a list of all your mods. Right click on the X-wing mod and select "Add Extension." A window will pop up for you to navigate to the location where you saved your extension files. Click OK when you've selected one of the files and the program will automatically make the appropriate extension folder in the proper location and move the extension you selected to that new folder. Pretty swell.

Thank worked! Thanks so much!

#6 AidenDouglass

AidenDouglass

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

In the past, I have had an issue with adding extensions if the user doesn't have "Administrative Access".  VASSAL isn't able to create the necessary folder to store the extensions in.  This can be fixed by creating the folder yourself, of right-clicking VASSAL and choosing "Run as Administrator".

Sounds as though you didn't have this problem, but I just wanted to throw it in here as a possibility in case someone does.  =)

#7 AidenDouglass

AidenDouglass

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Just to update this thread with current Info:

Version 3.0 is up, and here's some useful tips on setup, with optional video's for those who prefer to watch over read.

http://afewmaneuvers...al#.UIbCEIaAex0

#8 Dog Solitude

Dog Solitude

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

Ah, that must be new! I really need to update…

I'm looking at you, I.J…..   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS