• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Agragor

Agragor

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Greetings all!

Has anyone figured out rules for Blood Bowl in the RPG?

Players could have different careers related to the sport:

Reporter

Player (Blocker, Blitzer, Thrower, Catcher etc.)

Coach

Assistant coach

Apothecary

Wizard

Referee

PR-guy

has anyone done this?

#2 socratim

socratim

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Since Blood Bowl is not exactly set in the Old World, but in kind of a parallel universe, it is hard to incorporate BB with all its flavor.

There is the game Snotball, which is mentioned in a 2nd Ed. campaign or adventure. Either "Ashes of Middenheim" or the free one-shot called "man without a face" or such. I think, it's the latter.

There are older threads about this, also, I think.

#3 BJake

BJake

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Snotball is in part 3 of the original Enemy Within Campaign, "The Power Behind the Throne", or rather it's in the "Warhammer City" sourcebook afiliated with that adventure. I think was intended to be basically football(soccer) with a trussed-up snotling instead of a ball, or maybe it was rugby. I think they drug the snotling so that it doesn't bite anyone.

Blood Bowl doesn't quite fit in the standard WFRP world, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a career. Careers are pretty easy to make up, just find something a bit similar and tweak it until it feels right. Then give a special ability- something regarding unarmed combat would make sense. Stats might vary depending on position between S,T and A. 

#4 No:12

No:12

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi,

Not sure you'd have proffessional Snotballers in the Warhammer world as set for WFRP. In our games, if the setting uses snotball events the players are willing volunteers from communities/workforces (similar to those described in CotWW). A Thug career for example has most of what you would need, likewise Servant would have many of the skills. Pretty much anything with Athletics/Coordination/Resillience or any combo of these would be appropriate.

That and I quite like the feel of Snotball as an amatuer sport where local rivalries are given free reign to boil over….

Hope that helps…

#5 socratim

socratim

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

No:12 said:

That and I quite like the feel of Snotball as an amatuer sport where local rivalries are given free reign to boil over….

Hope that helps…

That's a cool idea! Will incorporate that!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS