Jump to content



Photo

Cards that allow the adding of Craft Value to Strength in Combat


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Kalten

Lord Kalten

    Member

  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

 Hi all,

There are cards like Psionic Blast and Warhorse that allow the player to add their Craft Value to their Strength during combat.

People have asked me whether they can multiply up.

For example, if you have 2 x Psionic Blast and 2 x Warhorse.

I have told them that the ability to add your Craft Value to your Strength can be performed once in much the same way that if you had 2 or more cards that allow you to punch with your right hand as well as left in combat, it doesn't matter how many of these cards in whatever form allow you to do it, it can be only be done once because you have one one set of Strength and one set of Craft.

With spells we can conveniently argue that only one spell can be used.  But with the warhorse and possibly other cards and the ability to use them all in conjunction with each other it's not so clear.

So in the above situation am I right (1 x craft added) or is it (1 x craft added for spell and as many for each item) or is is (1x for each distinct item) or something else altogether?

Thanks,

Lord Kalten



#2 zealot12

zealot12

    Member

  • Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Lord Kalten said:

 Hi all,

There are cards like Psionic Blast and Warhorse that allow the player to add their Craft Value to their Strength during combat.

People have asked me whether they can multiply up.

For example, if you have 2 x Psionic Blast and 2 x Warhorse.

I have told them that the ability to add your Craft Value to your Strength can be performed once in much the same way that if you had 2 or more cards that allow you to punch with your right hand as well as left in combat, it doesn't matter how many of these cards in whatever form allow you to do it, it can be only be done once because you have one one set of Strength and one set of Craft.

With spells we can conveniently argue that only one spell can be used.  But with the warhorse and possibly other cards and the ability to use them all in conjunction with each other it's not so clear.

So in the above situation am I right (1 x craft added) or is it (1 x craft added for spell and as many for each item) or is is (1x for each distinct item) or something else altogether?

Thanks,

Lord Kalten

 

You can  combine Psionic Blast with Warhorse, but you can't add the bonuses of two Warhorses together, since you're not riding both.

It doesn't matter if the effect of both cards is the same. What matters is is that they're different. So they can be used in conjunction to gain a double effect. In much the same way a Monk using his special ability can gain a double bonus with Psionic Blast.



#3 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

zealot12 said:

You can  combine Psionic Blast with Warhorse, but you can't add the bonuses of two Warhorses together, since you're not riding both.

Game doesn't care whether you ride them both or not, what matters is that you have the cards. Thematic argument can be made (although why can't the character do Trick Riding?), but has no basis from a rules POV.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#4 zealot12

zealot12

    Member

  • Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

 Yea, I just reread my response to the OP, and it's funny.  I make it sound as if it's the official ruling for the game

Just my intuition.

For instance, I would say that you can have as many mules as you want, and have each one add to your carrying limit, but using two or more horses simultaneously  for riding just seems odd.



#5 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

I have some doubts now, but i believe it's possible that you can stack and combine 2 to 4 warhorses together..:)

Stacking is possible now..

 



#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Velhart said:

I have some doubts now, but i believe it's possible that you can stack and combine 2 to 4 warhorses together..:)

Stacking is possible now..

Yes stacking is now officially allowed in the revised 4th edition. However I personally never agreed with this change to the game. Items such as the Magic Belt, Unicorn, and a Sword obviously stack as they increase Strength by +1. The Warhorse and Psionic Blast are different in that they add Craft value to Strength instead of adding a + bonus to a characters Strength. Therefore our gaming group do not allow these to stack, just like the 2nd edition of the game did not allow stacking. This is one of many alternative rules introduced into my forthcoming complete revised 4th edition FAQ which will encompass every eventuality in the game!

Ell.



#7 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

talismanamsilat said:

 

Velhart said:

 

I have some doubts now, but i believe it's possible that you can stack and combine 2 to 4 warhorses together..:)

Stacking is possible now..

 

 

Yes stacking is now officially allowed in the revised 4th edition. However I personally never agreed with this change to the game. Items such as the Magic Belt, Unicorn, and a Sword obviously stack as they increase Strength by +1. The Warhorse and Psionic Blast are different in that they add Craft value to Strength instead of adding a + bonus to a characters Strength. Therefore our gaming group do not allow these to stack, just like the 2nd edition of the game did not allow stacking. This is one of many alternative rules introduced into my forthcoming complete revised 4th edition FAQ which will encompass every eventuality in the game!

Ell.

 

 

Well, luckily, Warhorses are difficult to find, and you need the money too.

 But perhaps this will change with the City expansion, because it has the stables..

If someone can buy Warhorses there, then he can become very powerful, as long he is not losing a life:(

 

This is very handy for the Priest:)

 



#8 Nioreh

Nioreh

    Member

  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

I find the stacking effect of finding two Brainwave (or whatever its called, double craft value) more fun, instant win if you are the warlock and playing w dungeon :)



#9 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

There was no prob with the Warhose before the Stable deck came out. What should of been written on the card was "You can only have one warhose at one time" or even of called it a "mount" follower and thus say a player can only have 1 "mount" follower at one time.. Or do this..

Take all the mule, riddening horses, warhorses, horse and carts out of adventurer deck (maybe highlands too) than turn around and say a player can't have more than 1 stable card at any time. Also turn around (while your there) and say that stable cards cannot be taken into the Dungeon "Thats just plain silly", "Yeeeha! I'm ridding my horses in the Dungeon" :). What?? is it Moria or something??






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS