You can not assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bill43

bill43

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

You cannot assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter, he was with Luke Skywalker for the entire battle of Yavin Four survival. R2-D2 wasn't the only Astromech Droid in Red Group when they attacked the Death Star in Episode Four A New Hope. There were a multitude of Astromech droids for each and every fighter that was attacking the First Death Star. There was no way he could be in two places (X-Wing Fighters) at once. You guys really need to fix this canonical error in your final tutorial for the miniatures game.

Sincerely,

An Irritated Fan

#2 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

There are also pilots in the game who died. The ships are also not real, and ships cannot slow down in space.

#3 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Harleequin said:

There are also pilots in the game who died. The ships are also not real, and ships cannot slow down in space.

The fact that you did not mention that absolutely nobody would be able to hear that sweet howl of a TIE Fighter zooming by in space shows me that you have a complete and total ignorance of fictional space physics, and should resign your doctorate in shame.  Also, send me your ships.

#4 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

Furthermore (and I hate to break this to you but…) those WERE the droids you were looking for!

seriously though, this game is an abstraction. it doesnt matter who was where when and who wasnt. consider it an alternate reality if it makes you feel better! 

#5 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

bill43 said:

You cannot assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter, he was with Luke Skywalker for the entire battle of Yavin Four survival. R2-D2 wasn't the only Astromech Droid in Red Group when they attacked the Death Star in Episode Four A New Hope. There were a multitude of Astromech droids for each and every fighter that was attacking the First Death Star. There was no way he could be in two places (X-Wing Fighters) at once. You guys really need to fix this canonical error in your final tutorial for the miniatures game.

Sincerely,

An Irritated Fan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh… you're serious ?

#6 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

dude no offense but have u ever payed a game like this before? its all about the various alternate ways things could go. In decipher u could have jawas piloting a star destroyer with the right card combinations. With star wars mini's u could have luke get murdered by boba fett or eaten by a rancor. With this game biggs can use r2d2 and darth vader can blow up luke skywalker. MY suggestion is look at the game for what it is and dont get hung up by silly cannocal details. If everything was strictly cannon boba fett woudnt have like 6 versions of how he escaped the sarlacc and how he came to be a bounty hunter in the first place.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#7 Whizzwang

Whizzwang

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

yagyu said:

In decipher u could have jawas piloting a star destroyer with the right card combinations.

Ahhh those were the days.

/Nostalgia

#8 GenmaSeuss

GenmaSeuss

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Fluff is fluff.  If you choose fluff over an awesome mechanical advantage that is entirely your choice.  I refer to every game ever made. 

No, I will not have R2 on Biggs' X-Wing because I too enjoy the canon.  It does not make this a bad game. 

- Jason Keen

#9 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Don't tell me what I can't do!

Sincerely,

-John Locke

#10 Boggs

Boggs

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Best thread ever. Thanks for the chuckle this morning =)

#11 bullyboy

bullyboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I do think that named astromechs (or number assigned I should say) such as R2D2 should not be allowed to be taken twice in the same fleet though. I won't personally do it. Generic R2 mechs (a generalization of a type) should be duplicated. I certainly don't care who puts what mech on which starfighter.

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

bullyboy said:

I do think that named astromechs (or number assigned I should say) such as R2D2 should not be allowed to be taken twice in the same fleet though. I won't personally do it. Generic R2 mechs (a generalization of a type) should be duplicated. I certainly don't care who puts what mech on which starfighter.

… and that's exactly how it works, you can't have more than one unique astromech in the same fleet.  Awesome!

#13 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

dbmeboy said:

bullyboy said:

… and that's exactly how it works, you can't have more than one unique astromech in the same fleet.  Awesome!

correct. Just like unique pilots have the dot next to their name and can only be taken once, named astromechs (like R2-D2) have a dot by their names and can only be taken once.

#14 robertsjf

robertsjf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

And thank you for that! Can you imagine multiple R2D2's running around, regenerating shields all the time?

#15 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

All those R2D2s would be ridiculous. The rebellion would never be in danger of a warp core breach again!

#16 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Anybody want Pizza Rolls?

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#17 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

DagobahDave said:

Post a message on this webzone

#18 FallenTurtles

FallenTurtles

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

If I do correctly assign R2-D2 to Luke Skywalker, am I still eligible to attack any Nazgul type enemies in play? Or can I only use black mana to do that?

#19 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

DagobahDave said:

Only if they are from Pizza the Hutt.

Seriously, this seems like trolling.  I think R2 would have liked Biggs, and maybe Biggs would have lived if R2 had been his astromech.  Maybe Luke caught the Robot Chicken Pox, and couldn't fly at Yavin.  Maybe Biggs survived, and he and R2 hit it off.  Or maybe R2 took a left turn at Albuquerque and ended up on the Darklighter farm instead of being captured by Jawas.

I'll put R2 where I like.  Feel free to do the same. :)

#20 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

dbmeboy said:

bullyboy said:

HA LOVE IT! It's true you cannot have more than one R2-D2.  

Best thread ever?!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS