Photo

New (French) Previews! (What else do you hope to see soon?)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon

Bryon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

I want to see a Dwarf or a Ranger!

Seeing Balin or Oin would be my preference, but any Gondor hero or ally or any unique drawf would make me happy.

What do you want to see?

#2 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I really don't get why people assume previews always happen in mondays. I have read this in these forums a lot, yet in those mondays (and none that I remember) no previews were given. Am I missing something?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#3 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

We usually get a Monday article (you can look back at the dates of the  past news for the game) but there's been a bit of a break in the past couple months because of the end of a cycle, GenCon, and the lack of an immediately upcoming Adventure Pack.

#4 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

i would like to see anything considering theres only an hour left in the day (where i live)

really hope its not another 20 something days b4 we hear something else…not sure i could take it…well i'm sure i could take it but i'd really like some news :)

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#5 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Pharmboys2013 said:

i would like to see anything considering theres only an hour left in the day (where i live)

really hope its not another 20 something days b4 we hear something else…not sure i could take it…well i'm sure i could take it but i'd really like some news :)

Same here, though I doubt they will publish an article today. i guess FFG is not really rigorous with their timeline?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Gizlivadi said:

Pharmboys2013 said:

Same here, though I doubt they will publish an article today. i guess FFG is not really rigorous with their timeline?

you used to be able to set your clock by it……

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

correiosThere isn't much to write a article about right now. I also want to see new previews and such, but I don't time my life in accordance to FFG's posts. haha :)
 Go read richsabre's posts about Middle-Earth, those are great time sinks!

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#8 Shiv@n

Shiv@n

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Maybe FFG will announce that the new battle of Laketown POD is available ?

#9 Bryon

Bryon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

I heard a rumor from another country's website that Battle of Lake-Town will release in November, along with Numenor.

I'm guessing that leaves Hobbit 2 to release in December with the movie.

Since there is nothing releasing in October, maybe they are only releasing articles every 2-3 weeks, instead of every week like they did when an expansion was releasing every month.

#10 Shiv@n

Shiv@n

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

They could also preview the first pack from Against the shadow in this time lapse…

#11 choppic

choppic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I hope this wasn't posted before:

#12 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Oh excellent!

Beregond is a beast with an affinity for Weapon and Armor enchantments.

#13 FAAx87

FAAx87

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

I think there will be some new Gondor and/or Dúnedain weapons for him in the new cycle.

#14 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Where did the pics come from choppic?

#15 choppic

choppic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

From FFG's French website I think. I found them while googling around :-)

#16 Bryon

Bryon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for the images!

#17 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

I like them both, but I think Beregond looks too clean. That being said, he is of the Tower Guard of the White City, so I guess he ought to be.

Also Beregond is # 1 in the box and the Emissary (Neutral Ally) is #18. Given one more hero (#2, hopefully Faramir as depicted in the background here ), that leaves as many as 15 non-neutral player cards. My list (here, tracking the new cards as they are released) so far shows 6, so at least 9 more player card spoilers to go, maybe more if there are neutral attachments (which I think is a good possibility)

#18 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Orc Crossbowmen

ALSO! This was shown on the French (Edge) FFG website!

Orc Crossbowmen

Dadajef explains that this has a new keyword Archery X which means that you have to deal out X direct damage to characters, you choose. This card says that X is the number of different resource icons of heroes in play.

I like this card and the art is awesome! It's drawn by Timo Karhula who made the Shadow and Flame box cover art depicting the Balrog!

#19 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Much agreed about the art-work!  In looking at that card, and the ones on the link John85 posted, it looks like the level has been stepped up yet again, and without relying solely on "Mags"…

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#20 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

that card looks great- and i think this cycle is going to be awesome

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS