A cool new storage and display solution

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Iranon

Iranon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

There's an awesome new project called Crafthulhu that's up on kickstarter right now. It's designed to enhance your Arkham Horror experience with beautiful thematic displays to be used during gameplay. You have to see these to believe them! Here's the link.

Note: I've contributed money to this project because I'd like to see it succeed so that I can have these displays on my gaming table, but I'm not the project creator and have no financial stake in its success.

#2 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

They don't look very functional to me.  For example the token space--clue token, hearts, dollar bills, etc.--look too shallow to hold very many pieces.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

The Old Man said:

They don't look very functional to me.  For example the token space--clue token, hearts, dollar bills, etc.--look too shallow to hold very many pieces.

This can be true. Actually, the Graveyard seems the less functional of all the items, to me. But the Mythos fortress, the Neighborhood displays and the other items are really *cool*. Plus, I guess they were playtested before starting the production, right, Professor? :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

They've all been play-tested and as new pieces are created, they're added to the mix.  Again, as I've said previously, these may not be for everyone.  I grew tired of balsa boxes for display or stacks that fell about the gaming area, which led to the design and creation of the pieces before you.  

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Thank you to all who have checked-out the link and I certainly appreciate the e-mails, comments, and feedback.  We're humbled by the support and given our reception at Jester's Playhouse near Atlantic City, NJ this past weekend, we're even more excited about the future of our project.

The Professor

#6 Jonny WS

Jonny WS

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

For the love of god, please ensure that your holders can support cards that have been sleeved.  

#7 Nun of your business

Nun of your business

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Jonny WS said:

For the love of god, please ensure that your holders can support cards that have been sleeved. 

If you check the FAQ provided on the kickstart page (link provided in Iranon's original post) you'll see that the Professor and his mad sculptor has it covered! :)

#8 mulletcheese

mulletcheese

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'd struggle to fit those on the desk I use to play arkham horror on, but I do think the monster cup is great.

#9 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Thank you very much for the feedback ~ many people love this piece.  When we showcased the pieces in NJ last month, everyone loved it.  It may be out of the range of most players' budgets, but it does make a great gift!

The Professor

#10 MrArkham

MrArkham

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Just a thought: Do all the peices have to be based around Cthulhu? I'd like it if some of the other peices were based around the other elder gods, like Shubb-Nuggath being on the monster cup, Yugg-Shoggoth being the gate cup, Azathoth for the GOOholder…

#11 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Actually, one of our fellow Arkhamites, jgt7771 had mentioned the term 'Caldera' in an e-mail exchange several months ago and we decided to use it in the name, "Cthulhu's Caldera' as we loved the alliteration.  Should we get to the point where we're designing the PLayer's Plate, we'll certainly take ideas from all of our contributors.

The Professor

#12 Iranon

Iranon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

This project has only a couple of days to go on Kickstarter! They've still got a ways to go to meet their goal, so if you're interested in getting these to your gaming table, now's the time to kick in . . . 

#13 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Iranon,

Thanks for the post ~ we certainly appreciate it.

To all…we knew going into this endeavor we were appealing to a niche group of players. Those that don't rely on gadgets for their inventory of cards and certainly those who have both the economic means and available space for these luxury items. In the end, "you do get what you pay for" and that's very true. Given some insightful feedback at our KS site, Facebook page, and our personal e-mails, we're retooling our project for a 30-day run.

What keeps us going? Well, first the nearly two dozen individuals who want to see this project succeed because they've pledged money. Also, the countless others who have loved the project ~ I've personally written to over 100 individuals on this forum alone. Finally, while in Hong Kong last week speaking with distributors both in Kowloon and on Hong Kong Island, there's actually interest in our pieces…if we can make the price point more attractive. To that end, we're working closely with our mold and casting company Valiant Enterprises to do just that. If we can tighten our collective belt, we'll do whatever we can to reduce the initial goal and bring down the costs for each Stretch Goal.

What's next?   First, we'll launch another Kickstarter by the end of the month should we not achieve the initial 10K Goal. It will be a limited 30-day run and we hope to have the support of our current contributors. Next, at least one of us shall attend both Origins and Comic-Con next year as a guest of an individual who is quite familiar with FFG's line and runs a Cthulhu's Corner out in San Diego.

To those who have contributed, we can't thank you enough as you've displayed your faith in us and our project. For those who have questions, comments, or feedback, we'll certainly listen…again, this is your project too…anyone who loves the game and wants to bring more theme to the game table.

Thanks,
Joe/the Professor

The Professor

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS